“Great location, comfort, and hospitality in Key West!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa 325

Casa 325
Ranked #29 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
SC
“Great location, comfort, and hospitality in Key West!”
Reviewed 14 July 2009

This was my first trip to Key West - we stayed at Casa after a friend recommended it to us. I only have good things to say!

Our 1 BR suite, with 1 queen &1 double bed, offered plenty of room for 3 adults (my husband and I and our college-age son). With a small kitchenette, eating area, and a great separate living area, it actually was more like a small apartment and (corny as this may sound) really did feel like a home away from home! EXTREMELY clean, with neutral wall colors/curtains and smooth wood floors that made for a very relaxing environment. Lots of clean bath towels and pool towels were provided. Nice shady porches with rocking chairs were right outside both doors to our unit. They have a small private pool with nice new sun furniture (for those who like to sun bathe) and a hammock for people like me who love to laze about in the shade looking at lush vegetation and flowering trees. We had fun watching the resident rooster, hen and chicks; it amazed me that the cats paid them absolutely no attention (the chicks even ate from the cat food bowl!).

Walk down a short walkway and you're right on Duval; yet, we were housed in the building closest to Duval and had absolutely no problem with noise (and believe me when I say I am super picky when it comes to that). Everything you could need is just steps away. An old movie theatre about 3 blocks away houses a Walgreens, in case you need necessities like sun screen, etc. Hard Rock Cafe is 2 doors away (again, no noise!). We walked to Ft. Zachary Taylor State Park (my favorite thing - really nice beach, snorkeling - bring picture ID if you intend to rent equipment, shade available, concessions, showers, etc.) which is one mile away, though I think next time I'll go ahead and rent a bike for a day or two. Mallory Square (fun place to watch sunset and evening street entertainers) is just a short walk away. Caroline's (across the street from Casa) has huge portions (their burger was big enough for two of us to split). I found Fast Buck Freddies the morning we were to leave - really fun store to visit, and again, right down the street. I could go on and on - my point is - location, location, location!

Parking is available on-site, though limited, for a reasonable rate - just be sure to call ahead and let them know you intend to park a car so they can save a space. Also, the driveway to the parking is really, REALLY tight - we rented a Toyota Camry, and I think there was about 3-4 inches to spare on either side of the car as we drove in. But, the nice think is that you won't need to move your car the entire time you're there!

Mary (the manager) was great - she had good suggestions of places to eat, things to see, could arrange for rental bikes, and patiently helped with many questions we had while arranging a jet ski trip around the island. Really, all the staff were super friendly and helpful. The only bad thing I can say about our trip is that we had to leave and return to reality. We'll be back!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank SCShellseeker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
jupiter
Reviewed 14 July 2009

There is nothing negative to say about casa 325. The employees treat the customers with the utmost respect. Service is prompt, grounds are extremley clean, room is beautiful. We just love it and are customers for life!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank cjp8181
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2009

We were four single women on a girls weekend getaway! The location was perfect.... Mary was awesome! The pool was a great place to lounge around and get some r&r.... The other guests were fun to hang out with.... But it was like having your own little getaway.... I will never stay anywhere else! It is worth every dime! Hope to make it a fathers day weekend tradition!!! :)

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 10 July 2009

I can't say enough about our stay at the Casa 325, it was the perfect getaway! I absolutely loved this hotel!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Clearwater
Reviewed 9 July 2009

Casa 325 is in the perfect spot. Being originally from South Louisiana I would compare it to staying in the French Quarter of New Orleans. We've been several times and once we've parked the car it never moves. Everything in Key West is walking or biking distance and Casa 325 is in the heart of most of the activities. The older portion of the property is closer to Duval street but still set back about 30 feet and buffered by a business which blocks a lot of noise. The rooms in the front of the house are most exposed to late night party noise but it hasn't been unbearable in our experience. For a quieter time secure rooms further back on the property. The newest part of the property is well back from Duval street in a fenced area and next to the pool. The pool area a great secluded place to relax in the shade of tropical trees or get some sun and at the same time be a few dozen steps from the activity of Duval street (or in our case a quick daquri run three doors down). One of the best things about 325 is Mary in the office. She's like a Key West shirpa and definitely will get you to the right restaurants and right entertainment. If you havn't been before, ask about parking. It's tight. Both in the number of spaces available and getting to them. Most SUVs can forget about getting down the ally to parking at the hotel. Our Acura MDX has about three inches to spare on both sides when we ease down it and thats with the sideview mirrors pulled in.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BN9
Ohio
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Rode our motorcycles from New Jersey to Key West. Stayed at Casa 325 and I'll never stay anywhere else. Rooms are great, location perfect - walking distance to everything. Staff and owners are amazing, even offered cleaning supplies for our bikes when they saw us struggling. They couldn't have been any more accomidating. The pool area is quiet and relaxing. This is the only place I will saty in Key West, fits my needs perfectly.

Stayed April 2006, travelled with friends
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed 21 June 2009

This was our first trip to Key West. Casa 325 was precious. We had a huge 1 bedroom and got a great price at the last minute. It was decorated so chique (how the heck do you spell that??- sound it out!!) Not many dog friendly locations on Duval so we were thrilled. Mary was delightful and SO helpful. What a sweet young lady. Owner (Eliz?? forgot her name) was also very very nice. We had one staffu with hot water (no big deal) and they immediately offered a new pricier room for same price. We opted to stay put and had hot water within the hour. Great location - our suite was on back side of house so no noise and the "cart man" was extremely nice every time he had to move the cart. We always felt bad but he was totally understanding and accommodating. Lovely private pool and all grounds were immaculate. No grass for dog so you do have to walk a bit to find a proper "bathroom" but it was worth it. We will definitely stay there again !!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple