“Great place to stay”
Review of Casa 325

Casa 325
Ranked #30 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2009

I found Casa 325 after a long internet search and I am glad I found it. I have been to Key West many times and never noticed this wonderful home away from home hidden right on Duval Street a half a block down from the Hard Rock. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was very nicely sized with bedroom and separate living room and kitchenette that was equipped with plates, glasses, and utensils. The next time I head there will be no question where I will stay, Casa 325.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jnx74205

Reviewed 24 July 2009

I have been to KW several times and this, by far, has been our favorite place to stay. The rooms were clean and spacious, the price was right, staff was friendly, (especially Mary!), and the service was impecable! But the greatest factor is location! 300 block of Duval, right in the heart of Old Town! Just one block from our favorites, like Irish Kevin's and Capt. Tony's. So we never had too far to stumble back to our rooms. ;) And only 3 blocks from Mallory Square, and a short walk to Schooner Wharf and Blue Heaven!
When our room was described as "cozy" I was a bit concerned that it would be small! It was anything but small! We had a mini fridge and a microwave and a coffee maker, which came in handy, since we were travelling with teen boys! The bathroom was also nice and roomy....
We were with a group of 20 and Casa 325 had rooms to accomodate everyone in our party, which worked out great! Our room was in the front building, but I can honestly say that the only noise I heard was an occasional rooster in the a.m.
Since we were there in mid July, the summer heat was pretty bad! It was great to have a pool to dip into every afternoon to 'cool down'. And pool towels are provided, so no need to bring them from home! (another plus!)
We will definitely be back, hopefully for Lobster Fest 2010, and wouldn't stay any other place!
Thank you, Mary, you are a sweetheart! Looking forward to next year!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank KeyWestKimmie
Reviewed 24 July 2009

I went down with 3 other girls & we had an amazing time. We had 2 rooms with 2 queens a couch area & mini kitchen. It was WAYYYYYY nicer than I expected. Parking was a biotch but what do you expect anywhere in KW? It is right next to a ton of great bars & shops. I will go back there next time I go to the Keys!

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2009

We had a group of 18 that booked a stay at Casa 325. I just cannot say enough about how great our stay was from start to finish. Mary answered our many phone calls and e-mails with great efficiency and LOT and LOTS of patience! She truly was wonderful.

We have been to Key West many times in the past, but this trip had decided to bring our 13 y/o son and some other family members and friends with children, so a pool was essential. We also had some older teens, so location was also a priority. We got both with Casa 325. The pool is kinda small, but does the trick when dealing with the hot July temperatures. We spent many a morning, afternoon, and evening enjoying the pool. We felt safe with the older kids walking around on their own in the area as well.
What you see is what you get from the website. We had the two bedroom unit located out back near the pool. Very clean, very comfortable, with all of the necessities provided. There was a microwave, sink, mini fridge and coffee maker. There were plates, glasses, coffee cups, utensils … really we didn’t want for anything and if we did, I’m sure Mary would have found a way to have gotten it for us! The beds were very comfortable … my only SMALL complaint was that the blankets on the beds are really nice, but thin, and I got cold at night sometimes (the A/C rocked!). It would have been nice to have an extra blanket handy, but I tend to get cold, so probably not a problem for most. As has been stated, the parking is pretty tight and you have to get the guys to move their cart, but not that much of a problem. Probably more of a problem for the cart guys, especially the day we rented three electric carts and two scooters!

We ate at Blue Heaven for breakfast (yummy!), rented an electric car (fun way to see the island, although be careful who you rent from and keep your eye on the charge or lack thereof!), went to Ft. Zachary Taylor Beach (loved it), went to Higgs Beach (um, not so much), Mallory Square for sunset celebration (fun!), the rooftop at La Concha for the sunset (great views), Pirate Soul Museum, Ripley’s Believe it or Not (my son went twice, he really enjoyed it), Schooner Wharf for lunch, Hogg's Breath for lunch, snorkeled with Sunny Days on the Cruzan Cat (highly recommended – great day on the water), went parasailing (the two guys on the boat weren’t the nicest people we’ve met, but loved the parasailing), ate at the Rum Barrell (yum!), and chilled out in our pool a lot!

We LOVED our stay in Key West, as always. We’ll definitely be back to Casa 325. One of the nicest, most accommodating places we have stayed on the island … hands down!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank bemarshall
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Our trip to Key West was fantastic. We tried to do everything we wanted - but, couldn't fit it all in. We will be back and most definitely staying at Casa 325 again. It is in the heart of everything you want to see and do. It's just walking distance down the garden path to Duval Street and the excitement begins. Casa 325 is beautiful and very clean. When you're out on the street you don't even know it's back there - which makes it quiet and private. We are planning another trip with our friends and will book a bunch of rooms. They are all looking forward to it. See you again soon Mary. And, thanks.
Cindy, Ron and Tony Ierna, Terra Ceia, Florida

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2009

This trip to Key West was a girls' trip with four in our group. We've been to Key West several times and we like staying on Duval Street close to the shops, attractions, restaurants, bars, etc. At Casa, we were able to walk to everything we wanted to do. We've tried a few accomodations in the past and Casa is the absolute best place to stay. When you are on the property, it's hard to believe that Duval Street is just a few steps away. Last year, we stayed in the building closest to the street, and we still didn't get any street noise. This year, our room was in back near the pool which was very peaceful. Our room was huge with two queen beds, kitchenette and sitting area. The room was immaculate. Mary, in the office, was helpful, courteous, fun and cheerful. She had great suggestions for rentals, restaurants, and activites. She even made reservations for us. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2009

This was my first trip to Key West - we stayed at Casa after a friend recommended it to us. I only have good things to say!

Our 1 BR suite, with 1 queen &1 double bed, offered plenty of room for 3 adults (my husband and I and our college-age son). With a small kitchenette, eating area, and a great separate living area, it actually was more like a small apartment and (corny as this may sound) really did feel like a home away from home! EXTREMELY clean, with neutral wall colors/curtains and smooth wood floors that made for a very relaxing environment. Lots of clean bath towels and pool towels were provided. Nice shady porches with rocking chairs were right outside both doors to our unit. They have a small private pool with nice new sun furniture (for those who like to sun bathe) and a hammock for people like me who love to laze about in the shade looking at lush vegetation and flowering trees. We had fun watching the resident rooster, hen and chicks; it amazed me that the cats paid them absolutely no attention (the chicks even ate from the cat food bowl!).

Walk down a short walkway and you're right on Duval; yet, we were housed in the building closest to Duval and had absolutely no problem with noise (and believe me when I say I am super picky when it comes to that). Everything you could need is just steps away. An old movie theatre about 3 blocks away houses a Walgreens, in case you need necessities like sun screen, etc. Hard Rock Cafe is 2 doors away (again, no noise!). We walked to Ft. Zachary Taylor State Park (my favorite thing - really nice beach, snorkeling - bring picture ID if you intend to rent equipment, shade available, concessions, showers, etc.) which is one mile away, though I think next time I'll go ahead and rent a bike for a day or two. Mallory Square (fun place to watch sunset and evening street entertainers) is just a short walk away. Caroline's (across the street from Casa) has huge portions (their burger was big enough for two of us to split). I found Fast Buck Freddies the morning we were to leave - really fun store to visit, and again, right down the street. I could go on and on - my point is - location, location, location!

Parking is available on-site, though limited, for a reasonable rate - just be sure to call ahead and let them know you intend to park a car so they can save a space. Also, the driveway to the parking is really, REALLY tight - we rented a Toyota Camry, and I think there was about 3-4 inches to spare on either side of the car as we drove in. But, the nice think is that you won't need to move your car the entire time you're there!

Mary (the manager) was great - she had good suggestions of places to eat, things to see, could arrange for rental bikes, and patiently helped with many questions we had while arranging a jet ski trip around the island. Really, all the staff were super friendly and helpful. The only bad thing I can say about our trip is that we had to leave and return to reality. We'll be back!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family