“Would definitely return”

Cypress House Hotel : Key West
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The whole experience was great! Super friendly staff, large comfortable room. Breakfast was perfect...serve yourself and not too much. Liming by pool at happy hour was a nice bonus. Helpful suggestions for places to eat and attractions.

Room Tip: Asked for one away from the noisy street
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue M
There are newer reviews for Cypress House Hotel : Key West

Reviewed 1 March 2014

After doing a lot of research, my husband and I decided on Cypress House. We stayed in the Cypress Suite, and it was great. The suite is in a house a couple of doors down from the main building. You really feel like you're lucky enough to have a good friend in Key West when you stay here. It's funky, fun, and well taken care of. It was very quiet, even though it was so centrally located. The breakfast every morning was great, and you can help yourself to coffee, tea, and fruit all day long. The afternoon happy hour is fun, and a great way to get your evening started. The lap pool is lovely, although I wish it were a few degrees warmer! The staff was great, and did everything in their power to make our stay a great one.

Room Tip: If you like it quiet, stay in the building down the street from the main building. The suite was gre...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keylargoforever
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I booked three rooms at the Cypress House for my husband and I and friends. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It is obvious that the owners have worked hard to renovate these historical buildings in Old Town. Each of our rooms was roomy, comfortable, clean, and well equipped. We also enjoyed the covered patio as a place to relax and visit. The staff was very helpful and anxious to make our stay enjoyable. We stayed a few houses back from the corner and even though our rooms faced Caroline street, we were not bothered by noise at all. I will definitely stay at the Cypress house again!

3  Thank mamabebe
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I loved my stay here! Most hotels can be impersonal and cookie cutter and the Cypress House is neither of these!

I had a beautiful poolside room with a gorgeous redone bathroom. I loved the homey, tropical feel of this place and my favorite thing - being able to sleep with my windows open and enjoy the fresh air rather than deal with an AC unit (but there is one in the room). The staff is outstanding and really cares about your comfort and time at the resort. They're always available to make helpful recommendations as well.

While my room was a bit small, it was only me and I actually liked that I had just what I needed. I will definitely be back!

4  Thank CCarlisi
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The staff of customer service: Dennis Chris Scott Danielle Alexander and the maintenance folks too! We (a senior couple) stayed at this wonderful old house that has been remodeled into a most comfortable B & B. Close to everything. These folks all work very hard to please you. They love to get your feedback and want to make your stay the best. Thanks folks. The King's

Room Tip: rooms away from the corner of Caroline and Simonton will be quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chipleesburgFl
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This hotel was pretty good. It's more like a guest house, but you get your own bathroom and have the privacy of a hotel. The grounds were impeccable and the pool was beautiful. The staff was very helpful. The room was modern and fashionable.

Room Tip: This was my first time staying here. It would seem that most rooms are good rooms.
2  Thank Martin H
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Great location, close to Duval Street, the marinas, all the tourist attractions, bars, restaurants, everything! The room was large, clean, modern and very comfortable. Great bed, huge bathroom, nice deck out front, and a very private heated lap pool. Nice breakfast daily. However, it's right at an intersection with a traffic light, and the cars, trucks, noisy motorcycles and emergency vehicles made for a constant racket. All day AND all night. If you're a light sleeper, better look elsewhere.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
HistoricKeyWestInns, Director of Sales at Cypress House Hotel : Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Hi Jim,

We're glad you loved the amenities and convenience of the beautiful Cypress House Hotel as much as we loved having you here as our guests! Whilst some of the guest rooms face the street, we have many rooms that face the back of the property, so if you're light sleepers, you may wish to request one of these rooms when making your next reservation. Thank you for staying with us!