“Perfection in Key West”

Ranked #63 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Farmington, Georgia
“Perfection in Key West”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I don't want to spend my last dine on accommodations when I travel. We chose El Patio because we got a discounted rate since we were part of the KWLS. Even without a discount, it's the best value in town. We were in room 30, the studio with a kitchen, living room, separate bedroom. It was perfect. Although we didn't use what was provided, we had the option. It was located behind the office, so it was quiet and we even had our own private garden. The maid service was iffy on some days, but that was fine. We had fresh towels and lots of privacy. There's the patio (thus the name) on the roof which was perfect for morning coffee or star gazing. We stayed there over a week and it was the perfect location and the perfect place to rest our heads. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Judith G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
São Paulo Brazil
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

We went from Miami to Key West by car and booked in advance the El Patio Motel to sleep one night. We found a clean and organized room, with a refrigerator and air conditioning working well. The room was very old, antique tiles, antique sink, faucet old. but everything worked well. Highly recommend for a night due to the cleanliness and price.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CVelloso
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I were here just weeks ago, had a good experience. The patio on the top is nice, were able to go up for a drink and sit under the stars. The walls were thin to the rooms though- could hear our neighbors stirring about. The windows didn't allow much views, but the AC was cool. Our room had a fridge. I would recommend staying on the top floors, nice view down into the patio and all the plants. Pool looked clean- although I didn't swim in it. There is parking available on the premises.

Room Tip: Second floor have a nice view of the center patio area
2 Thank ALWP
Reviewed 6 January 2014

+ clean room
+ plants in the garden
- room lacks atmosphere, not enough windows
- the cheapest we could find but still not enough value for money
- we could hear the neighbours upstairs (so choose a room on the top floor)
- wifi was unstable
- shower didn't had enough waterpressure

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor if you don't want to hear your upstairs neighbours
Delray Beach
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Where do I begin.

A week before New Years (2014) my wife and I decided to go to Key West to celebrate the New Year. No rooms were available anywhere from Dec.26th to Jan 1st.. We had gone to Key West 6 years ago, without a reservation, only to find out it was the "Lobster Fest" and the only rooms available were at El Patio. At that time we found El Patio "tired" but acceptable. On a whim I called them and they had one room available with a queen bed, from Dec. 27th through the 1st. I booked it.

Low and behold, 6 years later the place was exactly the same. Room key on a fob, 2 inch thick mattress, linoleun tile floor, worn wicker furniture, noisy window air conditioner, and an old 19" television. I guess the reason I am so upset was because 6 years ago I paid $90+ daily for the room and this time I was charged $259 for basically the same room and I think the same pillows.
Full payment was required at check in so when I went to the office to cancel my reservation I was told that I could get my money back on Jan. 2nd if they were able to resell my room. The thought of loosing $1,300 if they could not resell the room was enough to keep us there.

I can say however that the room was made-up nicely each day although the floors were not mopped. This would not have normally been a problem but since we had rain for the first three days and did not take off our shoes before entering the room, our shoe prints reminded us that it had rained.

Room Tip: Any room at any other hotel/motel will be better
6 Thank Stan S

Travellers are raving about these Key West hotels

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hotel had a great location. It was close to the southernmost point, and walking distance to two beaches and to Duvall street. It was safe and very quiet. The neighborhood was a treasure to walk around in. The staff were very nice and provided us with a map for walking. The motel itself was old and needs upgrades, but it was clean and had the basics. The air conditioner, shower, fridge and tv worked fine. The bed was a bit uncomfortable but again the price is very reasonable and the location was great. The parking was tight and difficult to find a spot, otherwise it was a perfect trip. I will definitely visit here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Orla757
Surrey
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This art deco motel is clean and quiet with a small pool and a sun terrace. The main feature is the location, easy to drive to and park outside, yet just a couple of blocks from Duval St where all the fun is. It is also close to two Key West beaches. Five minutes walk to South Beach for a superb breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple