El Patio Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop deckduval streettile floorssouthernmost pointold floridawicker furniturethe ritznice pooltwo queen bedssmall refrigeratorpublic beachquiet locationbike rentalstwo blockskeysjeffaction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed for two nights in January. The room had a queen size bed in the front room, a TV,decent size, and a small table with two chairs, and a small fridge. You walk through the front room into another bedroom with a dresser and a lamp. The small bathroom was located by walking through the rear bedroom. The mattress in the front bedroom was terrible, cheap, with no support. The place itself is very old, we needed 5 rooms for 5 couples, all rooms were between $169. And $189. Plus tax. We were 1.2 miles from Mallory square, and we did walk that a couple of times. The only reason we all stayed there is because the owner was willing to book 5 rooms, whereas other motels in Key West were not willing to book for more than a group of 3. Very basic, not much for the money. None of us (10) liked it and do not plan on staying there again.

Room Tip: No fitness center, no room service, no coffee, no breakfast, but parking on the premises.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trudy B
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The upside of our stay is I read the reviews and knew what we were getting into. The down side is that the bad reviews were closer to the truth and the good ones. We stayed here because we could not find another hotel or B&B in Key West for the weekend we wanted to visit. I decided to take my own sheets which is highly recommended because the ones on the bed did not look clean. We were in the two room "suite" and our room was fine because it had an a/c unit, the other room where our friends stayed did NOT have a/c. How can any place in south florida not offer a/c in the room? Thankfully it was a cool weekend and it was not a huge problem. The bathroom was bare minimum with a toilet that had a broken handle and a shower head that was more of a mist than a shower. I stayed in nicer places when I was a starving college student...for $300/night this place should have offered at least a/c in both rooms and clean sheets. The cleaning crew didn't even make one of the beds and we had to call to get the bed made. I would never go back to this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank andrea d
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I don't want to spend my last dine on accommodations when I travel. We chose El Patio because we got a discounted rate since we were part of the KWLS. Even without a discount, it's the best value in town. We were in room 30, the studio with a kitchen, living room, separate bedroom. It was perfect. Although we didn't use what was provided, we had the option. It was located behind the office, so it was quiet and we even had our own private garden. The maid service was iffy on some days, but that was fine. We had fresh towels and lots of privacy. There's the patio (thus the name) on the roof which was perfect for morning coffee or star gazing. We stayed there over a week and it was the perfect location and the perfect place to rest our heads. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Judith G
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We went from Miami to Key West by car and booked in advance the El Patio Motel to sleep one night. We found a clean and organized room, with a refrigerator and air conditioning working well. The room was very old, antique tiles, antique sink, faucet old. but everything worked well. Highly recommend for a night due to the cleanliness and price.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CVelloso
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I were here just weeks ago, had a good experience. The patio on the top is nice, were able to go up for a drink and sit under the stars. The walls were thin to the rooms though- could hear our neighbors stirring about. The windows didn't allow much views, but the AC was cool. Our room had a fridge. I would recommend staying on the top floors, nice view down into the patio and all the plants. Pool looked clean- although I didn't swim in it. There is parking available on the premises.

Room Tip: Second floor have a nice view of the center patio area
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple