The Palms Hotel- Key West
US$380
US$282
US$309
  • Pool
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$319
US$270
US$409
Agoda.com
US$370
US$248
US$216
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
US$1,147
US$371
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswhite streetduval streetbreakfast barbagelsfresh fruithard boiled eggslimited parkingpool areacharming hotelduring spring breakevery morningother guestssmall bathroomfront porchold townceiling fannice pool
FilterAll languages
Plainfield, Il
Reviewed 15 June 2004

My home away from home when I travel the "Keys." My wife and I have been to Key West 7 - 8 times over the last 5 years and like most tourists, found ourselves paying way too much for an overnight stay in a room where the ambiance would rival that of your local Howard Johnson's. On our third try to Key West, we just happened to wander on to "The Palms" as a place to stay overnight.
That lucky break changed my "attitude and lattitude" about Key West. The Palms itself is tucked away about 1/2 mile from Duval Street, which is a good thing. The people, Jan the manager in particular, are wonderful and treat you as the best of friends. There is a secluded pool in the back area where one may swim or sun their cares away. If the sun or water can't do it, a Tiki bar is close at hand.
The morning brunch is excellent as fresh fruits, juices, coffee, cereal and an assortment of pastries are abundant.
The price, so reasonable, truly does not match the service or the asthetic beauty of the Palms. A must !

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Addison, IL
Reviewed 14 June 2004

The Palms was a great retreat! We loved it! The place was clean, in a great location, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was wonderful! We will definitely be staying at the Palms again!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 June 2004

The Palms may be off the beaten path, but well with in walking distance to the Sea Port, and Duval Steet activities....
We have stayed at the Palms several times and have been quite pleased with the rooms and the amenities. The maid service was daily on a definate schedule....exceptional job on that end. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have ever come across with fresh fruits, juices, muffins, bagles etc....
Pool well kept.
I would strongly suggest anyone I know to consider the Palms.

• Stayed: June 2004
2  Thank EDavis9496
Plainfield, IL
Reviewed 10 June 2004

We have visited the Keys 7 times and came across The Palms Hotel on our 2nd visit to the island. What a WONDERFUL place to stay!! We will never stay anywhere else when vacationing in Key West. From the moment you enter into their lobby, you are welcomed by the friendly staff. The rooms are delightfully decorated, very clean and spacious. Your stay even provides you with free continental breakfast served by the Tiki Bar/Pool!! We have recommended this hotel to many friends and family to which everyone has walked away with a wonderful experience. This hotel is HIGHLY recommended - check them out and tell Jan that Al & Sal sent ya!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 March 2004

When I was researching places to stay in Key West, I was amused by the places that said they did not allow guests who were under 25 unless they were accompanied by a parent. Now I see why. Key West is party central for college spring breakers in March, and the Palms had its share. We dealt, but we know of at least one couple who checked out after the 4 a.m. and later drunken antics of our fellow guests. In defense of the place, the management was very apologetic when we noted our dissatisfaction upon checking out at the end of our planned two-night stay and said that they had hired a security guard to try to keep the noise down. I don't feel he was doing his job. On the plus side, they did allow pets and were pretty laid back/welcoming in regards to their four-legged guests. The continental breakfast served at the Tiki bar poolside was above average with fresh fruit, croissants, etc. We were REALLY glad we didn't have a poolside room with all the noise from the kids. Our room opened up onto the main porch, though, and had a staircase running next to it which was VERY squeaky and in frequent use in the wee hours. The room was very large, two rooms actually, with a small kitchenette (I am told this is the only room that is like this.) It was in reasonably good shape for its age, although the bathroom/shower were pretty worn. The water pressure was sub-standard and there was no electrical outlet in the bathroom. I thought the rates were rather high for what you get, but all of Key West seemed like this. Parking was a challenge -- there were only a few spots that were dedicated hotel parking so you were forced to troll nearby residential streets. It was a bit off the beaten path...a good 20-minute walk to restaurants and the main tourist attractions like the Hemingway House, etc. You would think being that far away it would be quieter, but....I'd say if you are 30+, avoid Key West in March unless you are EXTREMELY tolerant of drunken stupidity or can afford one of the very expensive places that wouldn't attract college kids OR you can find a room in one of the places with the age restrictions I talked about earlier.

• Stayed: March 2004