“Great dinner, outstanding staff”
Review of Nine One Five

Nine One Five
Reserve with OpenTable
Nine One Five is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 449 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$5 - US$36
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Olivia
Transit: Located on the south corner of the block
Description: Nine One Five is located in a magnificent Victorian house: circa 1850. Since opening in 2002 we have received national & international acclaim with 2 James Beard Foundation invitations. The food is simple fare prepared properly - no fuss just great food with an international wine list to back it up. We look forward to seeing you.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

On a recommendation from a friend my wife and I had our anniversary dinner at 915. What a great place, the atmosphere is perfect and the food was outstanding. My wife had the filet mignon and I had the strip steak. Both were cooked perfectly and the accompanying sides were perfect as well. A small place that has lots of character and a staff that makes your time there even better. Very attentive yet not over bearing. We wanted for nothing while we were there. With so many choices in Key West we normally try not to repeat a restaurant if possible. In this case we will make an exception and be sure to add this to our list of places that we must return to. Thanks for making our night even more special.

1  Thank namato1
There are newer reviews for Nine One Five

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Nine One Five is was recommended by the Key West TV channel in a review as one of Key Wests best restaurants owned and started by a Brit.

We needed to wait two days to get a booking. I booked for three people, I wanted to spoil my family, were are regular international travellers.

When we arrived we were seated outdoors immediately, we received a great table facing Duval street and the restaurant appeared almost full on lower floor and outside. Many walk up customers were turned away while we were seated.

The waitress was extremely pleasant but omitted one of our starters, all the starters were tiny by International standards and pricy. They were very average in taste although the presentation was very good. My wife had the Fennel salad and I had the Calamari.

The main course followed. My main course was good , I ordered the yellow tail snapper. But my sons Scallops) and wife's main course the Grouper were terrible. My wife fish was absolutely tasteless. I stress tasteless. Again the portions were small. The Cauliflower puree bed under the Scallops had a nasty smell.

I certainly hope this restaurant had an off day.

We did not stay for dessert fearing more disappointment.

In summary we found the restaurant disappointing, while the atmosphere, location, service and presentation are all great, taste is the really the only factor that counts and this restaurant failed gloriously on the day.

4  Thank seanJ100
Reviewed 21 April 2014

915 was recommended by a fellow chef I had a lot of respect for. He had told me how him and his wife liked To go there after we closed our restaurant for the night. I was out with my wife late last week and we decided we were hungry again after wine for her and a cigar for me. So we walked over to 915. It was after ten thirty(late for us) we said we just wanted a few apps, so they sent us up stairs as they were still serving the full menu only down stairs. My friend said locals ate late up stairs, so that was what we wanted. Excellent pizza menu and about five different apps were all that was on the menu. We had a goat cheese and duck confit pizza, Vietnamese spring rolls and the ribs.. The ribs were to die for, spicy and hoisin sweet. Reminded me of the ribs a Hawaiian chef at the az biltmore used to make for the cooks. The pizza was great and I am not a fan of goat cheese I ate most of it. The spring rolls were good but could of used more flavor and were a little dry.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was recommended to us by our hotel and it is very busy. You will need a reservation. Despite being highly recommended we were disappointed. I order the pate and sent it back as it was not edible, the staff agreed with me and did not charge me for it. I felt the service was slow at best.

1  Thank garybia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This little bistro-type restaurant and wine bar in an old renovated clapboard Victorian house, owned by a former British chef and club-owner named Stuart Kemp, is one of the nicer places to eat on Duval Street. Had dinner here on my first night in Key West. I ordered the Black Angus Filet with fries, which was excellent. Perfectly cooked, buttery, melt in your mouth. The fries came in a huge cone and they were amazing! Can't go wrong here for some casual dining with a view.