“Comfort on Duval” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nine One Five

Nine One Five
Reserve with OpenTable
Nine One Five is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 443 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$5 - US$36
Cuisines: Contemporary, Italian, American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Olivia
Transit: Located on the south corner of the block
Description: Nine One Five is located in a magnificent Victorian house: circa 1850. Since opening in 2002 we have received national & international acclaim with 2 James Beard Foundation invitations. The food is simple fare prepared properly - no fuss just great food with an international wine list to back it up. We look forward to seeing you.
New Bern, North Carolina
“Comfort on Duval”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

This restaurant is located in an old Key West mansion on busy Duval Street. You can sit inside in the bar room or outside on the L-shaped porch and the patio. It being a fine evening, we chose the porch. Our young waiter was very friendly and helpful but he tended to disappear at times. Our dishes were very well prepared and delicious. My Florida Keys Grouper with lobster cassoulet was excellent and my wife really enjoyed the Crispy Whole Yellowtail Snapper with Napa cabbage and Thai chili sauce. This is a comfortable place to watch the scene on Duval. It is pricey, but the food was worth it.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“Good Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We couldn't get a booking the first night we were in Key West but the concierge booked us in the next night. We were seated outside overlooking Duval Street and had one of the best meals on our vacation. The service was attentive and friendly and our drinks arrived promptly. Good selection of items on the menu -we chose the chicken and scallops which were very tasty and the snapper and burger were enjoyed too. We would certainly go back there on another trip.

Norfolk, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Foody delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Perfectly limited menu, with enough for everyone. Small choices means FRESH FRESH FRESH! We had a reservation and were promptly seated. Our waitress, Jenny was helpful and attentive. The timing of the food delivery was perfect, not too long between courses as some fine dining can be. The prices are on the high end, but not out of line and as it's on the upper end of Duval there's plenty to see, without the drunken crowds and noise. Both kids found something they liked and hubby and I left full. Save room to share at least one dessert, worth it! We had (and recommend all)
Calamari (fresh, lightly breaded, small order)
Tuna Stack appetizer (name?) Small portion, but very flavorful, may want two if you're sharing as an appetizer
Beet salad - delicious
Grassfed burger (this was the 9 year-olds choice) very large and flavorful
Seafood Stew (?name) this was by far the best meal at the table. Coconut curry broth and filled with seafood. Everyone at the table felt this was the best.

Visited April 2014
Flanders, NJ
“Great dinner, outstanding staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

On a recommendation from a friend my wife and I had our anniversary dinner at 915. What a great place, the atmosphere is perfect and the food was outstanding. My wife had the filet mignon and I had the strip steak. Both were cooked perfectly and the accompanying sides were perfect as well. A small place that has lots of character and a staff that makes your time there even better. Very attentive yet not over bearing. We wanted for nothing while we were there. With so many choices in Key West we normally try not to repeat a restaurant if possible. In this case we will make an exception and be sure to add this to our list of places that we must return to. Thanks for making our night even more special.

1 Thank namato1
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Over Priced & disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Nine One Five is was recommended by the Key West TV channel in a review as one of Key Wests best restaurants owned and started by a Brit.

We needed to wait two days to get a booking. I booked for three people, I wanted to spoil my family, were are regular international travellers.

When we arrived we were seated outdoors immediately, we received a great table facing Duval street and the restaurant appeared almost full on lower floor and outside. Many walk up customers were turned away while we were seated.

The waitress was extremely pleasant but omitted one of our starters, all the starters were tiny by International standards and pricy. They were very average in taste although the presentation was very good. My wife had the Fennel salad and I had the Calamari.

The main course followed. My main course was good , I ordered the yellow tail snapper. But my sons Scallops) and wife's main course the Grouper were terrible. My wife fish was absolutely tasteless. I stress tasteless. Again the portions were small. The Cauliflower puree bed under the Scallops had a nasty smell.

I certainly hope this restaurant had an off day.

We did not stay for dessert fearing more disappointment.

In summary we found the restaurant disappointing, while the atmosphere, location, service and presentation are all great, taste is the really the only factor that counts and this restaurant failed gloriously on the day.

• 2 of 5 bubbles