“Bike Touring Key West - Not to be missed Unique Bike Rental”

Island Safari Rentals
Book In Advance
More Info
US$12.99*
and up
One Day Bike Rental in Key West
Ranked #112 of 299 Outdoor Activities in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Safari Rentals is not your typical Black & White Bicycle Rental Company. We are the Colorful Premier Bicycle Rental Company located in Old Town Key West across the street from the Historic Sloppy Joe's Bar next to the famous Capt. Tony's Saloon. We are a family owned business with over 40 years of Island experience. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and making your Key West experience a memorable one. Island Safari Rentals is a full service Bicycle Rental Company specializing in renting Bicycles to just about everyone. We rent bicycles to men, women, and children in many different colors keeping you in touch with Key West Island vibe. Our top of the line Jamis cruisers feature aluminum frames, which are designed for a much smoother & comfortable ride. Included with every Bicycle Rental are a Helmet, Lights, Basket, and Lock w/ Keys. We will also Deliver, Pickup, Replace, or Repair our any of our Bicycles anywhere on the Island. Island Safari Rentals also offers Bicycles Tours, Jet Ski Tours, Diving & Snorkeling Trips, Sunset & Dinner Cruises, Parasailing, Fishing Charters, Boat Rentals, Jet Pack Adventures, Sailing, Dry Tortugas National Park Trips, Electric Car & Scooter Rentals, Kayak & Paddleboard Rentals, and Biplane Trips, truly making us your ONE STOP SHOP for all you island EXCURISION ADVENTURES.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bike Touring Key West - Not to be missed Unique Bike Rental”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Biking Key West to its beaches (Thackeray Taylor fringed by piney wood with good snorkeling and bird watching) plus touring the town's many lively and delightful historic neighborhoods is a must. Key West is very bike friendly where bikes have right of way. Like Manhattan it's definitely a place where a car is and impediment. All restaurants, attractions etc are within easy biking distance. However, although there are many bike rentals most only carry American Beach bicycles with a back pedal brake system.(something most of us bike riders are not used to) Island Safari bike rental has BIKES TO MEET OUR NEEDS. It is the one and only that carries the Janis hybrid, a wonderful light bicycle with a 7 speed gear shift, as well as a single handlebar braking system (which breaks both front and bake wheels simultaneously, a feature I have never seen before). Island Safari will deliver to your hotel or B&B. The people who run the place are super-friendly and it is the only rental outlet where they carry beer .. In fact I was offered a complimentary bottle while waiting to register a one week rental. Do favor these guys, they are rally great.

Visited February 2014

Peterborough, Canada
“MADE OUR TRIP SPECIAL!!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife and I travelled to Key West for the first time ever.
We liked the idea of renting trikes and ditching the car for the week. The only issue with this was that my wife had gotten into a terrible car accident 12 years ago. As a result, both knees had to be replaced and both ankles fused. Needless to say, she lacks the full function of both of her legs. Her balance had also been permanently affected. This meant a 2 wheel bike was now out of the question.
We decided to chat with the guys at Island Safari Rentals, and look at options to get my wife rolling again...
The guys were busy, but we explained the situation that my wife was in. Immediately they started looking at all options they could offer to help us with this challenge. First they suggested their 3 wheel trikes. This idea eliminated the balance issue! It also allowed us to travel with a sizeable basket on the back which is perfect for travelling with groceries (beer), or beach supplies (wine). Next, they needed to modify the seat. This allowed my wife to comfortably sit, and touch both of the pedals with both feet. The next challenge we needed to overcome was pedalling the bike with limited movement in my wife's knees. Before we had to pay anything, the shop allowed us the opportunity to "test drive" the trike to make sure that my wife could propel herself in the desired direction, not just wherever gravity pulled her.
We set the bike up in the quiet side street beside the shop and watched my wife saddle up. Within a few hundred feet, a couple technique changes, and one little bump off the curb, my wife spun the trike around and head back to the shop with a huge smile on her face. I thought I was happily welcoming her back to the shop alone, mirroring the smile that shone off her face with the addition of a little perspiration from the eyes. But as she slowed herself to a stop in front of me I heard quiet celebrations behind me from several of the guys at the shop!!
My wife got off the bike and met a big hug from one of the guys from the shop! This was the first time she rode since the accident, 12 years ago!
This was a terrific experience and everyone at the shop really contributed to our feelings and memories of our trip to Key West.
We will never rent anything from anyone else next time we are back.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!

Visited December 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Best in Key West”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife and I have visited Key West several times over the past 25 years and have learned the best way to get around the island is by bicycle. Unless you're taking a day trip to other islands in the Keys there's no need for a car. We have used one particular rental provider for years but that person's quality and dependability had been steadily declining over the past few years. We were arriving in KW onboard the cruise ship Disney Wonder for only 5 hours and wanted to rent bicycles to help us cover as much ground as we could while there. I made a reservation with Island Safari before leaving home and when we arrived I couldn't have made a better choice. The shop is just a five minute walk from the cruise ship dock and easy to find, just look for Capt. Tony's, its right next door. The shop was clean, well organized and staff unbelievably friendly and efficient. Will had my reservation waiting on the counter when I walked through the door. We rented two simple beach cruisers, which were clean, expertly maintained and very good quality bikes. I'm a former service manager for a large retail bicycle chain and know a well run operation when I see one. Each bike had a basket and lock and also come equipped with the proper lights which are required in KW for night time use and these lights work. We were up and on our way in about 5 minutes and couldn't have been happier with the experience. Since my experience with the staff at Island Safari Rentals, I will only rent from them on subsequent visits to KW and cannot give any higher recommendation to anyone looking to rent a bicycle while visiting KW. Prices are very reasonable and the quality is second to none. Save yourself the shopping around time and just go straight to Island Safari, they are simply the best

Visited February 2014
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Extremely Pleased!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have been coming to Key West since 1992. This is the first time we rented bicycles from Will at Island Rentals. I wish we found him years ago. The bicycles were new and much more comfortable than other rentals. In addition, he provided front and rear safety lights for both bikes. The batteries lasted for two weeks and worked through our last evening. Thanks for everything, Will.

Visited December 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best place in town to rent bikes”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We have rented bikes from island safari bikes many times.they drop them off and pick them up when your done. Bikes are always new and nice EVERY time. I always call ahead to reserve are bikes and the owner Will always answers and is always is very nice.that is hard to come by, everyone that works at ISR are very helpful any you never wait long ever.I am very picky and every bike we get always look brand new.great prices also. You wont be disappointed :-)