“great service”

and up
One Day Bike Rental in Key West
Ranked #125 of 309 Outdoor Activities in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Safari Rentals is not your typical Black & White Bicycle Rental Company. We are the Colorful Premier Bicycle Rental Company located in Old Town Key West across the street from the Historic Sloppy Joe's Bar next to the famous Capt. Tony's Saloon. We are a family owned business with over 40 years of Island experience. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and making your Key West experience a memorable one. Island Safari Rentals is a full service Bicycle Rental Company specializing in renting Bicycles to just about everyone. We rent bicycles to men, women, and children in many different colors keeping you in touch with Key West Island vibe. Our top of the line Jamis cruisers feature aluminum frames, which are designed for a much smoother & comfortable ride. Included with every Bicycle Rental are a Helmet, Lights, Basket, and Lock w/ Keys. We will also Deliver, Pickup, Replace, or Repair our any of our Bicycles anywhere on the Island. Island Safari Rentals also offers Bicycles Tours, Jet Ski Tours, Diving & Snorkeling Trips, Sunset & Dinner Cruises, Parasailing, Fishing Charters, Boat Rentals, Jet Pack Adventures, Sailing, Dry Tortugas National Park Trips, Electric Car & Scooter Rentals, Kayak & Paddleboard Rentals, and Biplane Trips, truly making us your ONE STOP SHOP for all you island EXCURISION ADVENTURES.
Reviewed 21 March 2014

we rented 7 bicycles from island safari in march. no surprises and great service. they delivered to our hotel, many rental places will pick you up and take you back to their business to receive the bikes. with 7 riders it was so much more convenient to have the bikes delivered to us. we had an issue with one of the bikes and came across one of their several outlets and they switched out the bike, didn't have to show any paperwork. in and out in 2 minutes. this will be the first 5 star across the board review i have given to any business.

All reviews
"keys"
in 5 reviews
"safety"

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We rented two bikes from Island Safari for a week while in Key West. I reserved and paid for the bikes online and then when we arrived at our apartment I called and they promptly brought the bikes to the apartment. When we were done with them, we called and they also picked them up. The rental included lights and bike locks and the bikes were in good condition. We were very happy with the service-the employees were very friendly. Would use this rental business again.

Our apartment was approximately 1 mile from downtown so the bikes worked perfectly and we didn't need a car. Please be careful on the streets since there's a lot of traffic. We found several one way streets that had a bike lane that made riding in traffic much easier.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Reserved our bikes a week before, when we got to the store, everything was ready to go. Staff was helpful and immediately got us on our way after making sure our bikes were fit to us! A great way to see the island.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Biking Key West to its beaches (Thackeray Taylor fringed by piney wood with good snorkeling and bird watching) plus touring the town's many lively and delightful historic neighborhoods is a must. Key West is very bike friendly where bikes have right of way. Like Manhattan it's definitely a place where a car is and impediment. All restaurants, attractions etc are within easy biking distance. However, although there are many bike rentals most only carry American Beach bicycles with a back pedal brake system.(something most of us bike riders are not used to) Island Safari bike rental has BIKES TO MEET OUR NEEDS. It is the one and only that carries the Janis hybrid, a wonderful light bicycle with a 7 speed gear shift, as well as a single handlebar braking system (which breaks both front and bake wheels simultaneously, a feature I have never seen before). Island Safari will deliver to your hotel or B&B. The people who run the place are super-friendly and it is the only rental outlet where they carry beer .. In fact I was offered a complimentary bottle while waiting to register a one week rental. Do favor these guys, they are rally great.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife and I travelled to Key West for the first time ever.
We liked the idea of renting trikes and ditching the car for the week. The only issue with this was that my wife had gotten into a terrible car accident 12 years ago. As a result, both knees had to be replaced and both ankles fused. Needless to say, she lacks the full function of both of her legs. Her balance had also been permanently affected. This meant a 2 wheel bike was now out of the question.
We decided to chat with the guys at Island Safari Rentals, and look at options to get my wife rolling again...
The guys were busy, but we explained the situation that my wife was in. Immediately they started looking at all options they could offer to help us with this challenge. First they suggested their 3 wheel trikes. This idea eliminated the balance issue! It also allowed us to travel with a sizeable basket on the back which is perfect for travelling with groceries (beer), or beach supplies (wine). Next, they needed to modify the seat. This allowed my wife to comfortably sit, and touch both of the pedals with both feet. The next challenge we needed to overcome was pedalling the bike with limited movement in my wife's knees. Before we had to pay anything, the shop allowed us the opportunity to "test drive" the trike to make sure that my wife could propel herself in the desired direction, not just wherever gravity pulled her.
We set the bike up in the quiet side street beside the shop and watched my wife saddle up. Within a few hundred feet, a couple technique changes, and one little bump off the curb, my wife spun the trike around and head back to the shop with a huge smile on her face. I thought I was happily welcoming her back to the shop alone, mirroring the smile that shone off her face with the addition of a little perspiration from the eyes. But as she slowed herself to a stop in front of me I heard quiet celebrations behind me from several of the guys at the shop!!
My wife got off the bike and met a big hug from one of the guys from the shop! This was the first time she rode since the accident, 12 years ago!
This was a terrific experience and everyone at the shop really contributed to our feelings and memories of our trip to Key West.
We will never rent anything from anyone else next time we are back.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!