“ Key Lime Pie and Veggie Burgers. ”

The Cafe, A Mostly Vegetarian Place
Ranked #15 of 466 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Chill spot adorned with local art, serving globally inspired vegetarian, vegan & seafood eats. Gluten free very friendly. Fresh juice, great beer and organic wine selection. Vegan desserts.
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped by the cafe for a late lunch and I immediately liked the ambience of the restaurant. The hostess was kind of short with us and told us we only could sit where she seated us because they were expecting a wedding party. When the wedding party entered they actually were seated on an opposite side so I didn't get why the hostess was so adamant about where we sat. Our waiter was a friendly soft-spoken gentleman who gave us suggestions and answered our questions. We asked for a couple of minutes to review the menu. In the meantime another hostess with an attitude came and asked if we were ready to order now. We ordered Veggie burgers which came with a bean salad and we ordered a balsamic vingarette salad. The hostess immediately grabbed our menus the table and rushed off. Our waiter came back confused as to where did our menus go and why did someone else come make us order. I felt very rushed and that the staff was rude especially by the woman who seated us with an attitude and the women who came up to our table to take our order. One star removed due to this. Another incident was we asked for a knife to cut our veggie burgers and another lady staff member told us in a condescending way that we are vegetarian here we don't have knives. I didn't see what was her issue but I let it go. I was thinking to myself like wow some of these staff are pretty rude. I think just because the restaurant is expecting a wedding party they shouldn't be short with guests saying we can't sit here and you can't sit there and they shouldn't rush other guests to hurry to order we are paying customers too. We went to enjoy our food and take our time. Aside from that, our food was really good. We decided to get a slice of Vegan Key Lime Pie because you can't go to Key West and not get a slice of their famous Key Lime Pie. It was presented beautifully and tasted delicious. You've got to try the veggie burgers and the Key Lime Pie! We enjoyed what we ordered and I would dine here again when in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We are vegans and have not always had it easy on our eastern seaboard road trip, but this place was paradise!

There was so much choice. Burgers, pizzas, curry, pittas, sandwiches. Also loads of starters and desserts. We've never had it so good!

It is very reasonably priced, and the staff were lovely to the kids. The portions of the kids and adult meals were belly bustingly large. They were also great quality.

They also had a great range of craft beers and cocktails. I have the white sangria which was excellent.

I cannot recommend this place enough. I even bought the t shirt!

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This was the tastiest food we've had since we've been in key west. Even non-vegetarians will enjoy the daily fish specials. They do also have a full bar.
I couldn't pass up the falafel because that's one of my favorite things. My husband asked "best falafel today or best falafel ever?". Definitely best falafel Ever! Oh and they serve their sweet potato fries with a curry-lime dipping sauce! Boom!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I ate here twice. I had the Kale Caesar and the polenta sticks. The first time was wonderful and the food is delicious. The second time was also delicious but I had a reaction to cross contamination from the polenta sticks. If you have celiac disease just be sure to stress that you cannot have anything from a shared frier.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped for early dinner here as we wandered around Key West. A bit of vegetarian and vegan options; a difficult task to find. The vegan meatless meatball sub was good as was the portobello on ciabatta. The restaurant gets pretty busy and I was amazed how many people were seated and eating at the same time. Serves we're good too. It may be a bit out of your way, but worth it.