“ROACH WARNING!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I wish negative reviews were possible, so I'm writing this as a HAZARD WARNING for all those looking to enjoy a good Thai meal - they won't find it here. Dined here because my husband wanted good Thai. We were stuck between the Top Rated Pizza place Duetto (across the street) and here. BEWARE OF THE REVIEWS. This is place is DISGUSTING! The staff and owner are rude, and don't know the first thing about the food industry. While trying to eat less-than-average Pad Thai (which I asked for spicy, there were no seasonings) I found a small roach/waterbug on the plate. Their bathrooms are horrible - I'd rather sit over a pile of manure in an open pasture. Their staff are racists, who add automatic 18% gratuity if they feel that you're having an issue with them ignoring you. I was sitting nearby a big table of Eastern Indians when a staff member told them 'We don't like your people here.' Surprised that in a Thai Restaurant, racism is alive and well. Afterward, a PHYSICAL fight ensued between the father of the table and the Thai owner (who cursed and said profuse racial slurs). I wanted to leave without paying the bill but my server seemed caught up with defending the other diners from their owner so I paid in cash and left. The health code violations for this place are also INCREDIBLE as they haven't been shut down. Pulled some highlights from the Monroe County Inspection statements: "High Priority - Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. 3live roaches in prep station next to rice cooker. **Warning** Basic - Dead roaches on premises. 30 dead roaches. 10 dead roaches at sushi bar. 10 dead roaches underneath prep sink in kitchen. 10'dead roaches in dish wash area. **Corrected On-Site** **Warning**" If you want roach infested food, and are a person of any culture aside from Thai or Caucasian ("American"), enjoy your meal at Thai Cusisine, it will probably be your last!

2  Thank Meaghan P

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We happened upon this little place and wanted something different. The portions are very large and most importantly everything was very good and fresh flavors were plentiful. The wonton soup and pad Thai were among the best we have had. And, the sushi rolls are huge and very good. Stop in for some Thai -- you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Went here a few weeks ago with the wife and enjoyed this quaint restaurant with an unpretentious atmosphere and food. we both tried two different entrees with duck and they were both very good. We also had a traditional Thai soup, it to was very good and the price was also very accommodating.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Waiter was terrible! I ordered larb and it had zero cilantro in it. When I asked where the cilantro was, the waiter took the dish from me and said he would have them make it properly and then brought the dish back to me reporting they had no cilantro. Ha! I could on about what followed, but why. Go somewhere else.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Decent sushi a stone's throw from sloppy Joes.
It was fine. Nothing amazing, but I have definitely had worse. Addressed a sushi craving.
We brought in drinks from another restaurant, they didn't seem to mind.