“This is a review for the FOOD - anyone can make a basic drink!”

Alonzo's Oyster Bar
Ranked #151 of 455 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Alonzo's Oyster Bar is the place to be if you are looking for an outstanding casual meal whether it be lunch or dinner along with the very best Happy Hour on the island... 4-6:30pm everyday! Our Chefs have mastered the art of pure dining pleasure no matter what you choose from the varied menu. Alonzo's Oyster Bar, as you would guess also offers the largest oyster selection of any restaurant in the Florida Keys delivered live, fresh daily! Dining options include our outdoor patio with view of A&B Marina or indoor AC for those steamy Key West days. First come first serve basis, reservations are never needed just walk in and enjoy!
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Interesting experience. My husband's meal was horrible, mine was exceptional. Never have we had an experience like this one. First note, even though you are outside apparently smoking anywhere is acceptable. The service was ok, the young man serving us was clearly not into what he did, but he got the job done ok.

The restaurant has a lovely view of the marina. A definite plus.

Now the food. I had the cold crab salad which was fresh, interesting, and absolutely delicious. I received a large salad with a HUGE pile of fresh crab. This was absolutely wonderful, I could eat this every single day.

My husband had the lobster crabcake. This was absolutely HORRIBLE. It was ground up seafood to a pulp, than hand shaped. Then broiled we *think*. There wasn't anything lobster-ey about it. It was bland, flavorless, and the texture was odd. NO lump crab or lobster...just a strange ground up pulp-y seafood cake with no lumps of any kind. AVOID THIS DISH.

1  Thank donnaks
Write a ReviewReviews (2,113)

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We are at Alonzo's our last night in the Keys. The service was terrible. Our server took about ten minutes just to show at our table and that was just the trend the entire dinner. Waited for napkins, silverware, bill and bill pick up. Saw him in back talking away to another server as my hubby sat at table waiting for bill. All that aside we loved it here. The location is great. Loved being at the pier. We also managed to grab the last five minutes of happy hour which is great. I had grilled shrimp and hubby had crispy lobster sandwhich. Both were amazing! Even better was the lobster sandwhich was very meaty, breaded perfectly and cooked perfectly and less than $18. Can't complain. Definently worth the stop.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This place came highly recommended by a few people, but disappointed. The food was average, but not great. It was severely over priced for the portion size, quantity and quality. The dining area was clean, but the men's restroom was filthy. Good selection of drinks though.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

When we went in for happy hour and started talking to the couple next to us who live in key west and told us this was the best happy hour on the island, we knew we were in the right place! Half price ALL drinks and half off all appetizers from 4-6:30 including oysters, clams, sides. Try the key lime martini. Delish!

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here after realizing we made reservations at A&B Lobster house (which we thought was the same place). We shared the Key lime garlic oysters as an appetizer - they were phenomenal! Must try the lobster crab cakes - this was my all time favorite meal of my life! Yes, it was THAT good! We were lucky enough to be seated dockside so the view wasn't bad either.