“Happy Hour at Alonzo's”

Ranked #106 of 451 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Alonzo's Oyster Bar is the place to be if you are looking for an outstanding casual meal whether it be lunch or dinner along with the very best Happy Hour on the island... 4-6:30pm everyday! Our Chefs have mastered the art of pure dining pleasure no matter what you choose from the varied menu. Alonzo's Oyster Bar, as you would guess also offers the largest oyster selection of any restaurant in the Florida Keys delivered live, fresh daily! Dining options include our outdoor patio with view of A&B Marina or indoor AC for those steamy Key West days. First come first serve basis, reservations are never needed just walk in and enjoy!
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Went here for Happy Hour. Got there exactly at 4PM. Got an outside table, party of six. Everything was awesome, food and cocktails. Waiter did a superb job....we really had a great time and the price was outstanding. Only tip is get there early if you want to sit outside.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,083)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The menu here is lower priced and different from A & B Lobster house on the floor above. They had all the usual seafood dishes. They did a good job preparing the food but I still consider it average. The portions were good sized. They did provide to go containers. The service was friendly and very attentive.

There is a nice view of the boat docks. Go at night it is a good view. We had dinner for two, beer and tip $58. I would go back.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were originally heading down Front Street to eat at A & B Lobster House but when we arrived there we were informed that they didn't open until 4pm. The Lady we spoke to said that Alonzo's was Owned by A & B and they were pretty much One in the same. We ended up eating there and we just couldn't believe our experience. First of all....Our Waitress was on her First day there and ended up getting frustrated(I guess) and said she would get us another waitress and she walked away. Another Waitress came and said that Girl wasn't doing to good but she would take care of Us. We went there to Specifically get Lobster so that's what we both ordered. Our food came and when I detached the Lobster Tail Meat from the Shell, the ENTIRE Bottom was COAL BLACK and had a horrible odor. My Boyfriends was fine. I told the Waitress and she took it back to get me another dinner....well, by the time I got my food....my Boyfriend was through eating! I just couldn't believe the whole experience. Not that I wanted them to of expected them to but they never even offered anything to us for the MAJOR inconvenience! Needless to say, we will NOT go back there!!!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We visited this place for a quick appetizer and drinks and i have to say it was wayyy better than i expected. The buffalo shrimp was one of the best i've had and im not even a buffalo sauce fan. We also had some fish bites and they were great too. It was pretty crowded for a Sunday evening. The happy hour had half price off of all appetizers and drinks so it was a WIN WIN. The service was good and overall a good experience.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Like Seafood??? Skip the fancy schmancy places and head to Alonzo's - downstairs from A&B. The food is pretty amazing, fresh and fresh can be and there is always service with a smile there. I've eaten there many, many times - we like to sit at the bar and watch them shuck oysters - and I'll go back again and again. Definitely one of our favorite stops!