“Unique dishes and phenomenal service”
Review of Cafe Sole

Cafe Sole
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Sole is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 450 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frances St.
Description: Cafe Sole has captured the hearts and palates of locals and visitors lucky enough to discover this culinary gem off the beaten path. By combining his French mastery of sauces with fresh locally caught seafood, John has created a menu unlike any on the island, where every dish is bursting with indescribable flavors. Mutton snapper in pesto and champagne, yellowtail in a beurre blanc of lobster or a rare hog snapper with red pepper zabaglione top a list of nightly specials. As for the classics, the Duck a L'Orange, Rack of Lamb with herb de Province and Lobster Bouillaise are as authentic as you will find this side of Paris. Chef Correa combines the best of both of his worlds, European and Caribbean to win the People's Choice and Best Entree awards at a recent Master Chefs Classic
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I tried Cafe Sole on the recommendation of our hotel concierge. We were not disappointed in the least! My wife had the rack of lamb, and I had the special (tiger fish with three jumbo shrimp). All were fantastic, but here is what sealed it for me. Mine actually came out with a half lobster tail, and while I was completely okay with that, the chef prepared three shrimp for me anyways. Phenomenal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,261)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

A few weeks ago (in May) my family and I had a wonderful meal at Café Sole. Tripp, our server, was both charming and quite knowledgeable with both the menu and wine list. The Snapper paired with the Sancerre was fabulous. During our one week stay in Key West we were pleasantly surprised with the nice choices of restaurants near mile marker zero. Café Sole was perhaps the finest of our dinners with Santiago Bodega a close second; sort of the Affirmed and Alydar of Key West upscale dining – at least for the places we visited.

1  Thank Joe D
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I've been coming here since Chef Correo opened in this location, about 20 years ago and we come every time we come to Key West. The ambiance (patio dining with linens and candlelight), service and exceptionally well prepared food never fail to provide a fantastic experience, this time to celebrate my husband's birthday.

We shared conch carpaccio. which was fresh and tender and tangy. And we both had Chef's signature hogfish, which comes with a variety of tasty sides and is baked to perfection in a lemon butter sauce. It is amazingly sweet and tender and moist. Thinking about it had our mouths watering for a week, and we were not disappointed.

In the past this restaurant has always been busy and full, but was sadly very quiet on this visit. I'm not sure if it was because of the time of year (June) or if Chef Correo's second restaurant in town, Bistro Sole, is taking business away from Cafe Sole. This is a more upscale restaurant, less casual dining and food, and definitely our choice for a special meal and a must on our visits to Key West.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We went back Cafe Sole as it has been one of our favorite places to dine while in key west and it was consistentl just like what we experienced in the past. Trip, our waiter, was so pleasant and guided us to a perfect choice of wine parred with the meals we chose. the mushroom soup was so memorable, it is worth the trip out here. next we had the conch carpaccio, perfectly marinated in a decadent lime sauce. We should have ordered two of these. We had the hog snapper and the salmon. Both delicious. The key lime pie is truly the best I have ever encountered, and I thought I made the best! Trip told us about their new restaurant, Bistro Sole, which we want to try too while we are here. Congrats on your consistence and the memories of a delicious meal just I time to honor father,s day.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I love this restaurant. I have a dog and am a vegetarian. Annabelle went right under my seat and I was handed a separate vegetarian menu. I had gazpacho, pasta with asparagus and portobello and Quattro dessert. Service was lovely. Very pleasant and attentive waiters. Friendly place. I found out they have another restaurant Bistro Sole on White Street and will try that on my next trip.