I know where we're staying the next time we go to Key West.
We spent a single night at the New Orleans House to scout things out for a future trip. Honestly, we were a little concerned after having read some reviews which talked about the loud noise. We booked Room 26 and were very happy with the choice. Matt (I think that was his name) who checked us in was very friendly and helped us park and showed us to our room.
My partner and I don't go out to bars much when we are home, but like to check out the activities when we are out of town. New Orleans House is the perfect opportunity to do this. Since it is directly above the Bourbon Street Pub, we were able to walk downstairs and enjoy people watching (including cute bar dancers ;-P ) When we got tired, we could just walk back upstairs. As for the noise, we often go to sleep with the TV on. This really wasn't much different than that. I don't know if the Friday night in question was different than normal or if other rooms might be louder, but it worked out great.
Because we were there only a short time, we didn't avail ourselves of the the hot tub or pool, although they looked nice. (We loved the waterfall which fell into the pool -- the sound was so relaxing). The Garden Bar is adjacent to the hot tub and pool and was a quieter place to relax and have a drink.
Parking is very limited, but we lucked out during our stay and were able to park inside the premises. We drove down from Ft. Lauderdale is the reason we had a car -- otherwise we wouldn't have one. There really isn't much of a reason to have a car there.
The room has a small refrigerator, microwave and all the essentials to save a few bucks on food if you wanted to. I suspect it is due to the water, but when my partner made coffee using the provided maker and coffee, it was awful.
If you are looking for a quiet getaway or opulent surroundings, this place may not be the place for you. However, if you are looking for a fun place right in the middle of the action on Duval Street, New Orleans House is a great place to stay. Again, we will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only all male guesthouse on Duval Street. Part of the Bourbon Street Pub complex. Free breakfast, free happy hour, free gym, free wifi, free cover at the Bourbon Street Pub and the 801. Stay where you play! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your New Orleans House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Orleans House Hotel Key West
- New Orleans House Key West, Florida