The New Orleans House deserves an excellent overall rating for the character of all its staff members. I just completed a five night stay that ended December 12, 2011. I booked the trip the night before I departed on a wish to escape winter in Atlanta (yes, I know its not Maine or Alaska), and had grown weary of other top gay destinations of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. I usually spend four or five days every month in the winter in south Florida, the last four years in Ft. Lauderdale, but the weather was always hit or miss. I had heard about Key West and its weather, and had made one other trip earlier this year and stayed at the Island House. Although nice, the Island House did not compare to the overall experience of the New Orleans House. The staff is on par with that of any Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, or my favorite haunt, the Regent Seven Seas cruise line ships. Located right on Duval Street, it is hands down the best location for anyone wanting to walk the most famous street to shop, eat, or just meet some incredible people from all over the world, all right outside your front door. The property itself has clean rooms, the decor in keeping with the Key West of yesteryear. The one I stayed in had travertine flooring and a great size glass wall shower for any couple to enjoy. The bath products were not to my exact standards, but then I always travel with my own. The gym is fully equipped and I found myself wanting to exercise every day. It is large with a soaring ceiling and a glass cupola-styled center that fills the space with sunlight, its two ceiling fans providing the perfect comfort level to keep you going. The pool and hot tub were larger than I expected, and although the heater was not yet on for the "winter" months, I found the pool exhilarating like that of a cool lake in autumn. The property is older, and the two water features reflect that age, but then old Key West's charms lie in its weathered age. The property is undergoing more upgrades presently, and when I return on January 21, 2012, I will see many of those in place. I really appreciated the free wi-fi, continental breakfast, and happy hour every day. Finally, as a gay male only resort, it is one place where you can feel completely comfortable being the one person that matters the most on any holiday escape. Yourself! To all the staff I had the extreme pleasure of meeting, a heart-felt thank you, and I will see you next month!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only all male guesthouse on Duval Street. Part of the Bourbon Street Pub complex. Free breakfast, free happy hour, free gym, free wifi, free cover at the Bourbon Street Pub and the 801. Stay where you play! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your New Orleans House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Orleans House Hotel Key West
- New Orleans House Key West, Florida