I've been to Key West 3 times this year and stayed at The New Orleans House each time. The price intrigued me but I was concerned that something had to be wrong to have such a low price in such an ideal location. The first time, the place was fine. It was clean, staff was nice, and the rooms were decent. Each trip after was a pleasant surprise with major improvements each time.
Return trip one brought:
The "free drink tickets" are gone in favor of a completely free happy hour from 5 - 6:30. New quilts on the bed, and plush pool towels. A/C was installed in the gym and that was way overdue.
This last trip, I was blown away at the changes.
New keyless locks for all the doors. Before, you were given a bunch of keys and it was impossible to figure out which keys did what after a few cocktails (think back to the new free happy hour.) That would have been enough but now they have flat screen TVs in the room.
I asked the manager if they were going "upscale" like other properties in Key West that renovated then started charging insane rates. He assured me that they are doing renovations slowly to avoid any sudden jump in room rates. Time will tell.
Pros: Location, Cleanliness, Amenities, Location, High Sexual Energy, Location (did I mention location?)
Cons: Not many but some rooms are noisier than others. I've had both quiet and very loud rooms. I was warned at reservation time that one room I chose would be loud, I wish I had taken that warning to heart. They were full and couldn't move me so I just changed my schedule, stayed up later, and it actually worked out in my favor on the roof deck where I met some hot guys late at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only all male guesthouse on Duval Street. Part of the Bourbon Street Pub complex. Free breakfast, free happy hour, free gym, free wifi, free cover at the Bourbon Street Pub and the 801. Stay where you play! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your New Orleans House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Orleans House Hotel Key West
- New Orleans House Key West, Florida