“What a difference!!!”
Review of New Orleans House

New Orleans House
Ranked #51 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 10 years ago. Not the best experience. However what a difference. Really enjoyed our stay this month. John went above and beyond making us welcome and comfortable. Super clean great renovated room. Wish we had made vacation plans to have stayed there for our entire stay.
Thanks for your hospitality!!!

Victor & Warren

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Southerncomfort31

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is our 3rd stay with New Orleans House in a year. Once again we had a great stay at this property. The friendly and accommodating staff just adds to the experience. This location is perfect access to everything along Duval. The pink triangle as they call is right outside your door and you have access to all the clubs. The garden bar is the best place to get to know locals and newcomers alike. Great property and another great stay- we will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 26. Some have complained about the club noise from down below the rooms, but we h...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry M
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I took my BF to Key West for his Birthday and decided to stay at New Orleans House. The location is GREAT. Your near everything. The staff is very friendly and went out of their way to make sure he had a great Birthday. We got back to our room Sunday morning after going for a walk and there was a bottle of Champagne waiting. The room was VERY clean and towels Very fresh. There is plenty of parking and grounds are well maintained and clean. Thanks to New Orleans House and their Great Staff for making his Birthday Celebration such a Great time. :-)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LatinoGringo
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I had went on vacation in Key West from April 5th-10th. The room was nice and clean. I only had one issue, so I went to the front desk, and they fixed the problem right away. That's excellent service. Very nice staff, and I was treated very well. This was my second stay there, and would recommend to other people. I plan on staying there again in the near future. The staff in the Bourbon Street Pub was very nice, and excellent service. Thank You, and made my vacation go great. I stayed in room 11A.

DAN

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Dan L
NewOrleansHouse, General Manager at New Orleans House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you Dan for your kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.

I'm looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Neil Chamberlain
Guest House Manager

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I've been to Key West a few times and always stayed at a different property that recently went co-ed. I had no idea what I was missing. I was always told this place was run down and noisy and that kept me away but I'm so glad I tried it.

The location is the best. Right above the Bourbon Pub, which is where everyone ends up each night, The rooms are extremely nice, and very clean. The quilts were luxurious, we had feather pillows, and the bed had a bed scarf. Not the "dive" it was described to be. There was a light bulb out in the vanity when I arrived, I brought it to the attention of the manager and he came to the room and replaced it himself.

I can see why some people complain about the noise. I could hear some of the voices outside the room but since we were right in the middle of the party, we weren't in the room when it was busy outside. I was told there were quieter rooms but we didn't book early enough to get one. The room we had was fine for our needs. If we wanted a quiet vacation, we wouldn't have stayed in Key West in the first place.

One thing I do want to bring up are the rates. I read a few reviews complaining about the rates and the breakfast. I've stayed in Key West many times and since this place is in the best location, you would think it was one of the more expensive places in town. I paid less this trip than a did a year ago at the old place and I used to have to walk 7 or 8 blocks back to the hotel each night. For Key West, this place is very inexpensive.

The breakfast was exactly as described. It's a basic continental breakfast and that's all we needed. We actually overslept one morning and it was being put away as we got upstairs and the manager asked if we would like breakfast. When we told him we didn't realize how late we slept, he brought everything back out again. I've been to places where I've asked for coffee after breakfast hours and was actually told that breakfast ended 5 minutes before and i missed it. This was true customer service.

We have already booked a return trip and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 10 March 2013

If you want to be in the middle of the gay scene and stay up late, this is a perfect place for you! This was my first time staying in Key West, and I had a wonderful experience at New Orleans House. Staff were all friendly & helpful, room was nice & clean. And locals even hang out at the downstairs club (Bourbon Street Pub) and the pool & bar out back, so you can pick their brains about what's happening while you're there. Locals were very nice & showed me around. All I did was chat with them, and they told me what was fun to do. I'll definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Remember that some rooms are above the club that stays open playing music until 4am, so ask them if...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The staff continues to make their guests feel right at home, and I love all the new improvements. No better place to stay if you want to be in the middle of the triangle! Regardless of the size of the crowd in the garden bar the night before, by the time I got up at 8 the next day, the pool and grounds were spotless. My compliments to the maintenance and housekeeping staff. Also, Hazel has added more great items to his grill menu so you can relax by the pool or at garden bar during the day without ever having to leave for lunch. Very convenient and very good food at reasonable prices. Thanks again Neil to you and your entire staff, as well as the great Bourbon Street bar staff, for another great vacation!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo