“Outstanding”
Review of New Orleans House

New Orleans House
Ranked #52 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This was my third trip to Key West, and my second time staying at New Orleans House. I was there 11 days.
*The pool, hot tub, and patio area are beautifully maintained thanks to groundskeepers Jack, Rob, and Cary. Immaculate.
*The Garden Bar is a great place to mingle, relax, or just flirt. Everyone back there is friendly, talkative and entertaining. And the bartenders are super friendly and always attentive. Jason is without a doubt my favorite bartender on the Island---he's just cool to hang out with. And, Jay is the sexiest, sweetest bartender on Duval.
*I was in room 11B---it's between the Garden Bar and Bourbon St Pub---the room is cozy and private. I had the AC on, so there was no problem with outside noise. Whenever I had too much "fun" at the Garden Bar or Bourbon St Pub, I could just slip (well, stumble) into my room and sleep it off. Oh, housekeeping always keep the room fresh and clean. I cannot remember my housekeeper's name {maybe Chris?}, but I will say he was friendly and always helpful. And very professional. The room itself was perfect for me.
*I spent most days at the Garden Bar and most nights at Bourbon St Pub...When I wasn't there, I was across the street at 801 or Saloon 1 {you'll receive a guest card when you check in to New Orleans House. Just show it at 801 and you'll get in free to the drag shows}.
Overall, I wouldn't think of staying anywhere but New Orleans House when I'm back in Key West. It's where all the parties eventually end up.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Blueonblue21

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I love this little property, I had first visited the venue back in my flight attendant days. So, when I was given the chance to visit Key West for a personal trip I jumped at the chance to stay here. I booked room 11A which was just a few steps away from the hot tub and maybe 20 feet from the Garden Bar. Hotel guests received complimentary well happy hour from 5-630p, which was awesome, you also get complimentary access the drag show across the street at 801 which is a sister property. The room i stayed was tiny for the price I paid, but honestly I only feel that way because it rained the entire time I was in Florida. John was very nice and the super hot day bartender Paul was both charming and friendly. I will definitely be staying at the property again upon my next return to EYW.

Room Tip: There is paid parking, it's very inexpensive. Just an fyi.. remember to return the door key, $2...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 10 years ago. Not the best experience. However what a difference. Really enjoyed our stay this month. John went above and beyond making us welcome and comfortable. Super clean great renovated room. Wish we had made vacation plans to have stayed there for our entire stay.
Thanks for your hospitality!!!

Victor & Warren

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Southerncomfort31
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is our 3rd stay with New Orleans House in a year. Once again we had a great stay at this property. The friendly and accommodating staff just adds to the experience. This location is perfect access to everything along Duval. The pink triangle as they call is right outside your door and you have access to all the clubs. The garden bar is the best place to get to know locals and newcomers alike. Great property and another great stay- we will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 26. Some have complained about the club noise from down below the rooms, but we h...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry M
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I took my BF to Key West for his Birthday and decided to stay at New Orleans House. The location is GREAT. Your near everything. The staff is very friendly and went out of their way to make sure he had a great Birthday. We got back to our room Sunday morning after going for a walk and there was a bottle of Champagne waiting. The room was VERY clean and towels Very fresh. There is plenty of parking and grounds are well maintained and clean. Thanks to New Orleans House and their Great Staff for making his Birthday Celebration such a Great time. :-)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LatinoGringo
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I had went on vacation in Key West from April 5th-10th. The room was nice and clean. I only had one issue, so I went to the front desk, and they fixed the problem right away. That's excellent service. Very nice staff, and I was treated very well. This was my second stay there, and would recommend to other people. I plan on staying there again in the near future. The staff in the Bourbon Street Pub was very nice, and excellent service. Thank You, and made my vacation go great. I stayed in room 11A.

DAN

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Dan L
NewOrleansHouse, General Manager at New Orleans House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you Dan for your kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.

I'm looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Neil Chamberlain
Guest House Manager

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I've been to Key West a few times and always stayed at a different property that recently went co-ed. I had no idea what I was missing. I was always told this place was run down and noisy and that kept me away but I'm so glad I tried it.

The location is the best. Right above the Bourbon Pub, which is where everyone ends up each night, The rooms are extremely nice, and very clean. The quilts were luxurious, we had feather pillows, and the bed had a bed scarf. Not the "dive" it was described to be. There was a light bulb out in the vanity when I arrived, I brought it to the attention of the manager and he came to the room and replaced it himself.

I can see why some people complain about the noise. I could hear some of the voices outside the room but since we were right in the middle of the party, we weren't in the room when it was busy outside. I was told there were quieter rooms but we didn't book early enough to get one. The room we had was fine for our needs. If we wanted a quiet vacation, we wouldn't have stayed in Key West in the first place.

One thing I do want to bring up are the rates. I read a few reviews complaining about the rates and the breakfast. I've stayed in Key West many times and since this place is in the best location, you would think it was one of the more expensive places in town. I paid less this trip than a did a year ago at the old place and I used to have to walk 7 or 8 blocks back to the hotel each night. For Key West, this place is very inexpensive.

The breakfast was exactly as described. It's a basic continental breakfast and that's all we needed. We actually overslept one morning and it was being put away as we got upstairs and the manager asked if we would like breakfast. When we told him we didn't realize how late we slept, he brought everything back out again. I've been to places where I've asked for coffee after breakfast hours and was actually told that breakfast ended 5 minutes before and i missed it. This was true customer service.

We have already booked a return trip and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple