“ANOTHER EXCELLENT STAY!”
Review of New Orleans House

New Orleans House
Ranked #51 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was my third or fourth stay at New Orleans House in 2 years. Each visit gets better and better. Absolutley no complaints.
Johnnie at the front desk was always helpful and friendly. One morning I got caught in a rainstorm. He dried my wet clothes for me. I really appreciated that.It's little things like that that keep me coming back.
Housekeeping always kept my room fresh and comfortable. Excellent.
Hazel is a delight to listen to (plus, cooks up some interesting, amazing hotdogs).
Manager Neil is also the top DJ on the Island.
Bartenders---TJ, Marky Mark, Jay, Jason, David. I cannot say enough good things about these guys. You'll get the strongest drinks on the Island at Bourbon St Pub or the Garden Bar. Happy Hour is all day (BOGO), plus between 5pm-6:30pm all guests at New Orleans House get free draft beer and well drinks at the Garden Bar. I don't want to forget barbacks Eugene and Howie.
I was there for 10 days over the Thanksgiving holiday, and the guys there (along with Sister Season) offered up an amazing Thanksgiving buffet.
Great location, excellent staff, fun environment. I'll be back soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Blueonblue21
NewOrleansHouse, General Manager at New Orleans House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I can't tell you how thrilled I am that Johnny provided that service for you. While I instill these values into my staff, it's great to know they are following through and providing that extra care.

I am looking forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Neil Chamberlain
Guest House Manager (and as you noticed, DJ!) :-)

There are newer reviews for New Orleans House

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed at the New Orleans House for Fantasy Fest 2013.
The amenities were excellent and staff wonderful and helpful in exceeding our expectations. The location on Duval kept us close to the events and is not to be missed. The Pool and Garden bar were nice and convenient.
Booked again for next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We were her for the SMART Ride this year and the experience was AWESOME. The staff was very friendly and attentive to every detail and need. We stayed in one of the loft rooms and both rooms, the bathroom, and the kitchen were clean neat and looked to be recently renovated. And we loved lounging naked in the huge hot tub and the pool. The pool bar makes great drinks and is very reasonably priced. Can't wait to come back again! And the location can't be beat. Right in the middle of everything.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
NewOrleansHouse, General Manager at New Orleans House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. The Smart Ride is a very special weekend for us and we are honored that you chose to stay with us. I am very pleased that you were happy with the New Orleans House.

More importantly, I want to thank you for being part of an event that raised over a million dollars for the first time ever! Thank you so much!

I hope we will be seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Once more we spent Fantasy Fest at the New Orleans house and as usual we had a great time. They are always making improvements to the hotel and the service is simply Fantastic! We just came back from there, but the best part is that we are going back in December. This is the place to be in Key West!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Willam C

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We very much appreciate our regulars and we are thrilled you had a great time.

Looking forward to seeing you again in December.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Rented room 23a and 23b online for 2 people. Soon after, I received an email that they had made a error in not removing room 23b from the online system which it had been reserved already by another guest and that they went ahead and booked me in room 24 instead which was a much bigger room with a full kitchen. I myself made an error when I made the original reservation for 2 people instead of 4 but the extra 25 dollars per extra person was waived when I approached them about my mistake. It was an excellent communication both via email and as soon as we got there, everything was booked done accordingly to our previous conversations. The staff was excellent, always with a smile and willing to answer any questions. None of us in the group experience the noise coming from the club downstairs. Breakfast was good, bagels, yogurt, cereal, coffee, fruit cups and the best part, sitting in the balcony overlooking duval street. Gym is fully equipped and available 24 hrs. Overall experience was excellent and I feel that some others reviews were coming from picky guests that don't know how to appreciate the simple things in life and are always looking for a negative. We would all definetely stay here again and I thank all the staff for being so nice and available when we needed them and at the same time, allowing us to feel the privacy in our stay. Thanks guys, will see you soon.

• Stayed: November 2013
NewOrleansHouse, General Manager at New Orleans House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

We really appreciate how understanding you were about the error with the room you originally booked so we are delighted you had a great time.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

The location is best thing about this hotel. The staff is very friendly and quick to respond to your needs. The rooms are a bit small but they're good for the price. The room location was no the greates as it was on top of the bar and the music goes on until 4am. Really wish the put the volume down after 2, they also need a variety of music. Playing gay techno it's such a cliche. Overall it was a great place and we had a lot of fun.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank TK0531
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Overall the property is older, but serviceable. The staff is very warm and welcoming (especially Rob at the Garden Bar and Paul, inside). We stayed one night, unplanned so the room we got was probably the smallest of the rooms, no windows a little bathhouse like, although it had very high ceilings. It's was above the club, and off the gym so it was pretty noisy, but I didn't really notice by the time I went to sleep. My only REAL issue was the gate. It requires a key card to get OUT!. We never left thru that gate so we didn't know ( and were not told). At 7am we left the room and i put the key on the dresser like I always do in a hotel. Then we go to the gate and we couldn't get out. I after walking all over the back property I realized that we were going to have to jump the fence to get out. The staff doesn't show up till 9am and we couldn't wait around. I suppose most people wouldn't notice it, but it makes me wonder about and emergency? Overall I would possibly stay here again, although I would book a better room..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank RenegadeProducer
NewOrleansHouse, General Manager at New Orleans House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologize for the situation where you were locked into the pool area.

Usually, our staff gives a full tour to anyone that has not stayed with us in the past and during that tour, we explain the side gate and how to open it. I will speak to the employee that checked you in to find out why that was not done.

There are very few times that there are no employees on property and unfortunately, you left right at that time. The bar is open until 4AM. The staff leaves around 4:45. Our cleaning crew comes in at 5AM and they are done by 7AM. At 8AM the housekeeping staff arrives and the property is staffed until closing the next morning. In every room as well as at the office door are emergency contact numbers. We can be reached at any time to assist as needed.

That gate is also programmed to unlock in the event of an emergency (such as a power loss).

The room you were in is our least expansive room and is actually one of our most popular. That room is only $99 a night and that is unheard of to stay on Duval Street. The room is an "interior" room so it does not have any walls that face the outside and thus, no windows. It is also right above the nightclub so it is one of our noisiest rooms however, due to the lack of windows, it is the perfect room for those that like to stay up late and sleep in since there is no sunlight coming into the room to wake you up in the morning.

We have a vast array of rooms starting with that economy room, right up to large rooms with a full kitchen and even a free standing one bedroom cottage. We have rooms for every budget and with amenities to suit almost everyone.

I hope you will stay again and try out one of our other rooms with more amenities. I think you will be pleased.