“Location is great. Rooms... not so much”
Review of New Orleans House

New Orleans House
Ranked #54 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed here for our 10yr anniversary early this January. When we arrived the check-in process was quick and efficient and we were quickly shown to our room. We were right outside the hot tub which concerned us a bit, but turned out not to be any problem. The room was a bit on the small side and definitely dated. But the bed was comfortable and we never had a problem with noise from the bar at night like we were warned about at check-in. The location is great - quick access to both the north and south end of Duval Street. In fact, it is almost a bit too convenient to just stumble to your room after a long night at the bar.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ciwhitmer
NewOrleansHouse, General Manager at New Orleans House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Feedback is important for us to improve our property whenever possible.

I am so pleased that your stay was enjoyable. Our staff tries to do everything possible to ensure that every guest leaves feeling delighted.

I would like you to contact me directly when you have some free time. Other than the dated room and the room size, your heading and the ranking of a 3 makes me believe there is more that you did not post. I would appreciate hearing what specific issues made you rate our property as a 3.

I do agree that the furnishings are somewhat dated and that is actually somewhat on purpose. One of my goals here is to provide the best location at an affordable price. We are the lowest price of all the men only guesthouses yet we have the best location. In order to provide that value, I have to pick and choose what upgrades I want to take on. My goal is to make the rooms clean, comfortable and with just the right amount of amenities at an affordable price. It would be simple for me to upgrade all of the rooms and then raise my rates to cover those expenses but I believe my guests do not spend a lot of time in the rooms and would prefer a lower rate rather than high end furnishings.

We do use high end linens, and our rooms are appointed with a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, flat screen TV, iPod (iPhone) docking stations, and we even provide in room snacks at a very reasonable price.

I hope you will take the time to contact me so that I can address any additional concerns. The best way I can improve on my property is to listen to my guests and what their needs and expectations are.

Thank you so much and I hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I always enjoy staying here while in Key West due to the location on Duval St and adjacent bars.
The outside patio bar is always active with a fun and vibrant crowd. Free happy hour for guests. Bourbon st pub gets busy in the evenings and has dancers on the weekend. No cover for guests. 801 drag bar is across the street also. There's plenty of dining and shopping within just steps of the resort.
There is a large gym on sight. The courtyard area is clothing-optional with a jacuzzi and a swimming pool with a volleyball net and waterfall. Rooms are clean. Staff is welcoming.
Really enjoy staying here

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ryan K

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am so glad that you had a great time. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I've been coming here for the last couple of years and it just gets better and better every trip. You can't beat the location and the rates are the lowest of all the all male properties. In addition, you get a free happy hour, free breakfast, and free entrance to all the best clubs. Wifi was spotty last time I was there but this time it worked flawlessly. They recently added hot breakfast sandwiches which were a great addition. The staff is there for anything you need without being "intrusive."

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room, ask for one when you book. Some rooms are right above the club.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kevin B

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We really do strive to give the best guest experience without infringing on your time but always feel free to ask us for anything. We will try to do whatever it takes to make your stay incredible.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I can't say enough good things about New Orleans House. Attentive staff, clean rooms, free happy hour and breakfast and the best location. This was my first time staying here and I will absolutely be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am thrilled that your first stay was delightful and I look forward to providing that same experience the next time you visit.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was my third or fourth stay at New Orleans House in 2 years. Each visit gets better and better. Absolutley no complaints.
Johnnie at the front desk was always helpful and friendly. One morning I got caught in a rainstorm. He dried my wet clothes for me. I really appreciated that.It's little things like that that keep me coming back.
Housekeeping always kept my room fresh and comfortable. Excellent.
Hazel is a delight to listen to (plus, cooks up some interesting, amazing hotdogs).
Manager Neil is also the top DJ on the Island.
Bartenders---TJ, Marky Mark, Jay, Jason, David. I cannot say enough good things about these guys. You'll get the strongest drinks on the Island at Bourbon St Pub or the Garden Bar. Happy Hour is all day (BOGO), plus between 5pm-6:30pm all guests at New Orleans House get free draft beer and well drinks at the Garden Bar. I don't want to forget barbacks Eugene and Howie.
I was there for 10 days over the Thanksgiving holiday, and the guys there (along with Sister Season) offered up an amazing Thanksgiving buffet.
Great location, excellent staff, fun environment. I'll be back soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Blueonblue21

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I can't tell you how thrilled I am that Johnny provided that service for you. While I instill these values into my staff, it's great to know they are following through and providing that extra care.

I am looking forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Neil Chamberlain
Guest House Manager (and as you noticed, DJ!) :-)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed at the New Orleans House for Fantasy Fest 2013.
The amenities were excellent and staff wonderful and helpful in exceeding our expectations. The location on Duval kept us close to the events and is not to be missed. The Pool and Garden bar were nice and convenient.
Booked again for next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We were her for the SMART Ride this year and the experience was AWESOME. The staff was very friendly and attentive to every detail and need. We stayed in one of the loft rooms and both rooms, the bathroom, and the kitchen were clean neat and looked to be recently renovated. And we loved lounging naked in the huge hot tub and the pool. The pool bar makes great drinks and is very reasonably priced. Can't wait to come back again! And the location can't be beat. Right in the middle of everything.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
NewOrleansHouse, General Manager at New Orleans House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. The Smart Ride is a very special weekend for us and we are honored that you chose to stay with us. I am very pleased that you were happy with the New Orleans House.

More importantly, I want to thank you for being part of an event that raised over a million dollars for the first time ever! Thank you so much!

I hope we will be seeing you again in the near future.