“Very Nice”

Wild Dolphin Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Simply one of the finest experiences you will have in Key West. Relax, away from the crowds of Duval Street and interact with Wild Bottlenose Dolphins in their natural habitat - the Gulf of Mexico! Snorkel a coral reef with over 500 species of tropical fish, bird watch in the Great White Heron National Refuge and enjoy the Florida Sunshine.
Outer Banks, NC
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We went out on a private charter for a few hours and did the clothing opitional thing. We had a very nice afternoon on the water. These are nice folks to deal with thru the questions and booking. They gave us exactly what we wanted.

I think the Clothing Opitional Private Charters are maybe a little side line, they do Wild Dolphin Tours as the main thing I think.

Depending what your looking for give them a call, we had a great time.

Visited November 2011

Thonon-les-Bains, France
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“AMAZING !”
Reviewed 9 May 2011

We went on that trip on May 4th 2011 and it was just wonderful!

We went with captain John who was very nice and patient ( we went on and off the boat several times, he took us to different spots and did his best to enable us to see dolphins and snorkel close to them ).

He told us so much about the wildlife and even went snorkeling with us on the coral reef, which was great because we would have probably missed the turtles and stingray he showed us!

After a good swim he offered fresh fruit on the way back and this was also very pleasant.

Definitely a great afternoon!

Visited May 2011
2 Thank adelphie
wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Best Excursion in Key West! Worth Every Cent!”
Reviewed 4 April 2011

The dolphin adventure was by far the best snorkel/dolphin experience I've ever had. The Captain was extremely professiona and courteous. He didn't rush anyone's experience and let the guests set the pace. Although the waters were too rough to swim with the dolphins, they came right up to the boat and played under and around the boat for at least an hour. It was magic! We snorkled at an island about 20 minutes away from Key West after watching the dolphins. The Captain was so wonderful that when the massive 'Fury' boat came and dropped 30 people in the water right next to us to snorkel, our captian called us back to the boat and took us to a shipwreck where nobody else was, so we could snorkel in privacy. It was absolutely wonderful!!!! Captain gave good information about dolphins and the sea life, and made everyone very comfortable. Worth every cent!

Visited March 2011
2 Thank jlightbody
Burlington, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 4 February 2011

My husband, his parents and I were down in Ft. Lauderdale for a week and decided to go down to Key West. My mom-in-law and I called up Wild Dolphin Adventures because after I saw the documentary "The Cove" I didn't want to support any program where dolphins are being held in captivity. We got an appointment for the next morning. We had an absolutely awesome time. I saw on here some people complaining about Capt. John but we thought he was great! He was informative but didn't ramble on like tour guide, he let us just enjoy the ride.

Our day started at 9:30 a.m, we got on the boat (which was super comfortable by the way, and yah we got a little wet but come on you're on a boat) and set out looking for dolphins. They were a bit elusive at the beginning and then another one of the boats radioed in that they found one cruising near Sunset Key. We found him and watched him for a good hour. It really is amazing to see these creatures in the wild. During the last half hour Capt John took us back to the area where we had looked before but didn't see any dolphins and what shows up... a pod of six playful dolphins. We watched them play and splash and come in right next to the boat.. It was great!

The one thing I will tell you is that you are not guaranteed to swim with the dolphins and I was told that upfront. The conditions are: 1. The water has to be clear and not churning so you can see them and 2. The dolphins have to be in a playful mood. Unfortunately the day we were there was a lil cold and the water wasn't that clear so we didn't get to get in with them but still a great time!

Highly recommend Wild Dolphin Adventures!

Visited January 2011
1 Thank beckeboo
Denver, Colorado
“Wild Dolphin Adventures was AMAZING”
Reviewed 25 June 2010

While in Key West the week of 06/14/2010 my family and I decided to try out Wild Dolphin Adventures. I have to tell you that this was an AWESOME experience. Not only was the ride out to the Dolphin Pod area amazingly beautiful, our guide was so knowledgeable about the wild dolphins, their individual names, markings and behaviors. We saw 2 baby dolphins, and on several occasions had between 8-10 wild dolphins just feet away from the boat playing and observing us. After spending a few hours with the dolphins we then took a short ride to a sand bar, anchored the boat and then our guide took us on an incredible snorkeling trip for about 2 hours. The sea life was amazing and beautiful and we say so many amazing fish, sting ray, sea turtles and beautiful coral reefs. I would highly recommend Wild Dolphin adventures if you are interested in observing dolphins in their natural habitat. Our Guide was friendly, laid back, very knowledgeable and the boat was a blast. These folks are GREAT and I cannot wait for my next visit to Key West so that I can head out again with them!