I really like this hotel - it's very well situated for touring Key West. The staff is friendly and helpful and the Sunday Brunch in their restaurant is EXCELLENT. It has everything you can think of - there's the usual eggs/bacon/sausage/potatoes/eggs benedict/omelets to order - but then it goes on to have a beautiful seafood bar with shrimp, oysters and crab claws, smoked salmon and hot dishes like pasta with shrimp, carved beef and roast duck - and then the cold dishes including caesar salad, ahi tuna, pickled beet salad, lobster salad, sushi, brie with walnuts, fresh berries and some other things I can't remember. Also wonderful desserts - key lime creme brule, little cakes, mousse (chocolate and lime) and on top of that "bottomless Mimosas or champagne" which you finally just have to say "NO MORE PLEASE." Not cheap - but a good value and you won't want to eat again on Sunday.
The one thing at the hotel they forgot to mention - is that every cruise ship in the Caribbean docks here. There are three docs - one at Mallory Square (right next door), Pier B (right out front) and Old Mole (no idea) just to the other side of Pier B. You may have one to three ships at a time. That can mean in the neighborhood of 6000 passengers who get off to see Key West. It can get pretty crowded. The GOOD news is that they leave before sunset which would be a real problem for their "Sunset Deck" which does have fantastic views. I have a feeling the "ocean front" room occupants were pretty surprised the morning they woke up to look right into a HUGE ship. But there is a website that tells you when they arrive and leave athttp://www.cruiseportinsider.com/keywestschedule2014.html#.Uuabu_30DL8
A very nice stay - especially considering it's 17 degrees and snowing at home!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located right on the waterfront of Old Town Key West, just steps from the famous Mallory Square, and one block from Duval Street is the Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina - a hub of relaxation and luxury in the middle of all of the excitement that Key West is famous for. Experience the beauty of the sparkling sea, access to water sports, and endless dining, shopping, and entertainment options all just steps away. Our marina is one of the three cruise ports in Key West welcoming cruise ships from around the world. Dine on fresh island cuisine, indoors, on a deck, or oceanside. Sip a cocktail and lounge by our outdoor pool surrounded by lush native plants, or take a launch to the nearby private beach on Sunset Key. Rejuvenation awaits in the serenity of our massage studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Key West Resort & Marina Hotel Key West
- The Westin Key West Resort And Marina
- Key West Hilton
- Key West Westin
- Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina Florida