“Nice stay.”

Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here for one night with my family in May 2014. We booked an ocean view room with a balcony. The front desk staff were friendly upon checkin and upon leaving. It was easy to get a crib too. The location is great and it's really close to all the tourist traps. Beds and bathrooms were nice, and there is coffee and orange juice in the lobby in the morning. It's true there will probably be a cruise ship parked outside your window if you get an ocean view room, but they should always be gone late afternoon, so they won't interfere with the views of the spectacular sunsets.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
SheratonKeyWest, Manager at Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Marketing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (2,383)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a two bedroom suite. It was a nice room, but can't say it was the best we have ever had. The view was lovely WHEN THE CRUISE SHIPS are not in port. When the ship(s) are in, they block your view. We were told that the ships are in port everyday except Wednesday. Luckily, we were there on a Tuesday and Wednesday and left on Thursday just before the ship arrived. Location is great, of course, just around the corner from Mallory Square. But it just seemed too spread out for us. There were two or maybe more buildings. We had to walk to another building to the outdoor pool. The 245 Bistro restaurant which is part of the Westin was very good. We had delicious food, sitting outside so we had great view of everything at Mallory Square. But the restaurant at the Sunset Key Cottages, which is also part of the Westin, was the best. I could not locate it on Trip Advisor to rate it separately. We took a short boat ride to the island. We had a wonderful lunch on the patio, with a terrific view. But the BEST was the Key Lime Martini. OMG, it was the best drink I have ever had. I raved about it so much that 4 other people in the restaurant also ordered one. And they agreed with me.

1  Thank Marie C

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and dinner at Latitudes. The Key Lime Martini is a good choice! Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rooms nice! But the location great. Would go back but two to three days enough. Crazy place, great restaurants, sights, bars, food waling around. downtown is not the only part of key west. Lots of areas to explore

Room Tip: Close to everything
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

Thank you for the positive review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the room and location of our resort. Thanks again!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We visited all of the top hotels in Key West (in the past 35 years) and we were positively impressed of this Resort location, until the following morning the ship docked. I booked a full ocean view room with balcony and at check-in I was assigned a side view room. I was then asked to return to the main lobby, with my bags. to see if they could accommodate my request... When a new room was found, I realized it had a big ship docked in front of it! After sending a personal e-mail to the hotel General Manager last week, I still did not receive a reply.
I found the room clean, a comfortable bed and a very narrow balcony with plastic furniture and a noisy AC unit in the middle of it.
The Bistro restaurant staff in at best inattentive to your requests (does coffee requires sugar and milk?). One note of redemption: order the "gazpacho" it is absolutely delicious, the best I ever had!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in the building above the Bistro Restaurant, full ocean view.
4  Thank WellTraveled49
SheratonKeyWest, Manager at Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. While we are an active cruise ship port (which we state on the home page of our website: westinkeywestresort.com) cruise ships do not dock here everyday. The City of Key West has a schedule; our dock is designated as pier (b). The schedule is subject to change, therefore it is not possible to predict/guarantee/notify guests of the presence or absence of a cruise ship. All reviews are passed along to the staff for training and improvement purposes. Thanks again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Unacceptable for a luxury hotel , to offer a room with 2 queensize beds, 1 sink.... and a cracked ceiling. Outside the bedroom: nice view.... Wooden pannels blocking the windows. No hurricane though!!!! No discount for having to bear with it and no apologies at the front desk either. What a disappointment!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Ariane S

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. All reviews are passed along to the staff for training and improvement purposes.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have been to Key West various times. I have stayed in two other hotels which were very good, but the Westin is my favorite this is the third time we stay here. The rooms are clean, cold, and spacious. The difference between this trip and others is that we brought our dog. I never even knew the Westin was a pet friendly hotel. The pet friendly rooms seem to be on one side of the hotel which makes sense. Although we could hear other dogs barking as we walked down the hall we could not hear anything once inside our room. We had a great room facing the pool with a small balcony which was the perfect place to feed our dog. I am very picky about dog friendly hotels and how clean they are. Our room was spotless. There is no additional fee for bringing a dog, which is a definite plus! The staff is always friendly. The only small complaint I have is that when I made the reservation, I did so on the phone, since we were bringing a dog. I was told he would get a dog bed and bowl, and a few other amenities. When we arrived the front desk did not know we had a dog with us until I told them. We did not receive any of the amenities for the dog. The only one I really needed was the bowl. I asked for one at the front desk and we never had it brought up to our room. Other than that, our stay was fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad to hear you and your furry pal enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you both back! All reviews are passed along to the staff for training and improvement purposes.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The room was mediocre at best. I have gotten rooms in Orlando for one quarter the price, and a way nicer room. Furthermore, a check in at 4 pm? What hotel in the world outside of Key West has this? That is absolutely unacceptable. On top of this, they charge you a resort fee... even if you don't use anything on the property. Furthermore, when I checked in I was absolutely exhausted. The Westin brand has made it a point in their chain to make sure guests are well taken care of and accounted for. As I was going to check in, a few hours before four, I explained that I had been driving for eight plus hours, and all the young lady at the desk could say was, "well you can park in the lot next to our building and take a nap." My partner came up with the idea of a couples' massage to pass the time, but they were all booked up for the day. We have previously stayed at the Hyatt and could not speak more praise of their amazing service. I ended up calling corporate and getting them to let us in a couple of hours early, even though twenty minutes before the young lady at the desk said "there were no rooms available, they have to be cleaned." They will offer to put you on a list, but don't expect anything from said list, it is a sham. It was absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced, and I will never if I have the ability to go back to this hotel or their brand again!

Room Tip: Dont get a room near the pool, choose one in a location closer to the marina.
4  Thank padredelosninos

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. 4:00pm check-in is standard in the industry and resort charges are common. Orlando and Key West are different destinations as we are on an island versus a large central Florida city. When making a reservation, there is an option to request an early check-in. While an early check-in is not guaranteed, we do our very best to accommodate our guests requests. Early check-in depends on the level of occupancy the night before and the condition of the room from the previous guest. Your review is important to us as it provides us with valuable information we can review to improve on for the future. All reviews are passed along to the staff for training and improvement purposes.