“See the Florida Keys by seaplane: it's an exhilarating experience!”
Review of Key West Seaplanes

Key West Seaplanes
Ranked #167 of 285 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Key West Seaplanes offers exclusive private seaplane and airplane charter services direct to destinations such as Key West, Little Palm Island, Watson Island Seaplane Base, Miami/Ft Lauderdale, Orlando, Tampa, Naples, Islamorada, Marathon, Hawks Cay, Cheeca Lodge, all Bahamas and all Caribbean islandsand Beyond. Our seaplanes land on water as well as on land! We also offer half/full day private island seaplane adventures that include lunch, beverages and gear! Local Tours and custom tours start at just 30 and 50 minutes. Key West Seaplanes offers flights in our seaplanes as well as non-seaplane options. We have 30 years of local flight experience. Come Fly With Us!
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“See the Florida Keys by seaplane: it's an exhilarating experience!”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

The beauty from the sky of the Florida Keys is something forever changing and forever beautiful and the pilots for Key West Seaplanes will go above and beyond to make sure that you have an incredible trip. They can come pick you up from almost anywhere and whisk you away to any island that you desire (Key West, Islamorada, Little Palm Island). You can custom design every part of your trip. My husband and I had a fabulous time. We were simply in awe. I was super impressed with the professionalism and experience of both pilots. Julie Ann Floyd and Nikali Pontecorvo are Key West locals with nearly 30 years of combined flying experience, so trust me: you are in good hands! The truth is that you really haven't experienced the islands until you've seen them from 500 feet up in the air!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank KaraFranker
Key-West-Seaplanes, Owner at Key West Seaplanes, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
Wow! Nikali is still talking about your overwhelming enthusiasm for flying! We are so happy to know that you really enjoyed your seaplane flight. The views out over the reef and lighthouse were especially beautiful that day so we appreciate you sharing them with others in your posting. We are also really thrilled to know that Little Palm Island was so relaxing for you and provided the perfect getaway. For your next visit to Little Palm Island and Key West you may just need to start your seaplane flight with us from Miami (any of the land-based airports or Watson Island Seaplane Base) and avoid that long drive down The Keys. That will make your next getaway even that much more relaxing. We will be looking forward to it! Thank you for taking the time to reach out with your kind words of review.....Take Care, Julie and Nikali

Boca Raton, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A Special Day with Key West Seaplanes!”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My husband and I live in Key West and recently had my father in law and his wife visit us. We wanted to do something special for my father in law’s birthday so we booked a trip on Key West Seaplanes. We spoke to Nikali and explained it was his birthday. Nikali was very helpful and suggested a tour of Key West with a stop in Little Palm Island for lunch.
Upon arrival at the airport, we were welcomed by a friendly and professional staff. We were escorted to the plane and explained the safety procedures, how to board and deplane the plane as well as what to expect during our flight by our pilot Nikali. We eagerly boarded the plane with hopes of seeing sharks, dolphins and maybe some turtles. Our plane accommodated six people and we had a lot of viewing room from all of the windows.
During the flight, Nikali explained the surrounding areas. As residents of Key West, the island looked so different from the air. Nikali answered each question we had in depth taking the time to explain the surrounding area as well as what we were seeing in the water. Nikali had some great stories to share and we had some great laughs during the flight. The best part was our landing in Little Palm Island – it was just so amazing landing in water! It was clear to me having flown on many different flights and various plane types that a special skill was needed to land in the water, and Nikali certainly made it look so easy. Immediately following landing and floating to the dock, we were met by a wonderful staff and had a great lunch on Little Palm Island. We took a tour of the island’s facilities and met some Key Deer along the way (picture included).
When we left the island, we saw dolphins in the water surrounding the plane. We had to be patient (and entertained!) as they circled around the plane. It was so amazing sitting in the plane and seeing them swim that I forgot to take pictures!
I would very highly recommend Key West Seaplanes for their hospitality, friendliness and professionalism.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Suntimes-Review
It was our pleasure to be a part of your special family outing from Key West to Little Palm Island for lunch! Yes, we agree that seeing Key West and all of the surrounding islands including the back-country/uninhabited islands on the way over to Little Palm Island and on the return to Key West truly changes one's perspective of the world. It's simply gorgeous and we never, ever tire of the view! We are so happy to know that you were able to see an abundance of wildlife in the water during your flights. Yes, seeing the dolphins circling the seaplane while Nikali slowly taxied the plane on the water was an amazing treat for us as well! Super! We look forward to your next flight with us and hopefully that will be soon. Your family is terrific and we enjoyed you all. Thank you, Julie and Nikali
Pittsburgh, PA
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Return trip!!!”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I decided to charter a seaplane to Little Palm Island during my last visit to Key West. Since this is a return trip to Little Palm I knew that I would not have to worry about making any arrangements myself. From my first phone call to KW Seaplanes I received exemplary service. I dealt with Julie who returned every call promptly and took care of every detail in planning my trip. She arranged the flight, made the necessary reservations, and arranged the car service to return me to my home. I enjoyed this amazing experience and Julie was a pleasure to work with. I have worked with concierge services throughout the U.S. that couldn't have done better...the trip was flawless!

Nikolai was the pilot for my trip to Little Palm. Since I flew with him before I knew I would be comfortable with him in the "drivers seat". His knowledge of the area and friendly banter made for a very enjoyable trip. He was very concerned with my well being each time that we flew.

Both Julie and Nikolai are very professional and took the time to really make sure that the trip was an enjoyable experience for me. Since I have discovered KW Seaplanes they have added more planes to their business. The planes are very clean, top-of-the-line units and I feel very safe in them along with the competent pilots that I have dealt with. I highly recommend this company to anyone wanting a truly memorable, safe experience throughout the Key West area.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank MorningGlory435
Key-West-Seaplanes, Owner at Key West Seaplanes, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
It was a real pleasure to see you again and truly enjoyed your flight to Little Palm for dinner as much as you did. Nikali is still talking about the pod of dolphin you saw during the extra aerial sightseeing you all did before heading to Little Palm Island. You sure are becoming a pro at spotting the wildlife in the water! We know how busy you are with your hectic schedule and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with others. Since your first flight with us in 2009 we certainly cherish you as one of our valued frequent fliers. We are looking forward to your next flight and thank you again for flying with us! Julie and Nikali
Memphis, Tennessee
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“See the Keys from a seaplane!”
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

I happily recommend Key West Seaplanes for an air tour of the keys! Awesome experience! I emailed primarily with co-owner Julie who was a delight.

I was unable to access information from my iPhone due to "no service" and we unavoidably arrived to the KW airport late on the morning of our flight.
We called as soon as we were able and had to arrange a different flight time with the other co-owner Nikoli. We really appreciated him accommodating us. The planes that we viewed were clean and in beautiful shape. We, thankfully, felt very safe with Nikoli but, he was a bit brisk. He did take pictures of us and pointed out sights to see. But, we felt a bit like he was just going through the motions and was thinking ahead to his next appointment of flying to Naples which he mentioned.

There are many positives and you should feel confident flying with KWSeaplanes but, there are negatives that I will mention and I could not ignore. As Nikoli was circling the plane to show us something for the 2-3rd time, I spoke up and said the circles were making me feel really sick. He dismissively told me motion sickness is actually "a myth" and it was all "in my head". It was an insensitive response to a polite request to not do circles. And, it was not just "in my head" I didn't feel sick at any time unless he tilted the plane and did circles. When I also asked what we should do if we were flying and he had a heart attack or was suddenly incapacitated ...his response was "that won't happen and its just like driving a car". It was serious question and I really would have appreciated a serious response and just basic 30 second instruction on "here is how to call for help" or "hold this in this position". I'm also a cardiac nurse...men his age with his build have MIs every day!
Anyhoo! It was a very short but, very beautiful flight. We booked the basic and Nikoli did a water landing for us which was thrilling!

I plan to do this again and possibly book them as actual transportation from Miami to KW or to another island if there are only 2 of us with 2 small soft sided carryons since that is all that would appear to fit! Another great thing to do is book them to fly to Little Palm Island 22 miles away for lunch on the island. Would be a splendid surprise gift for any special someone in your life!

Nikoli was a cool guy and maybe just having an off day. He does volunteer work with teen pilots to help them get their licenses and is certainly a very capable pilot. But, I will request Julie as our pilot next time:) Hope this help my fellow TAs!

Happy travels!
TTJ

Key-West-Seaplanes, Owner at Key West Seaplanes, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy this amazing flight with us in one of our seaplanes. We have lived here for over 30 years and simply adore showing off our backyard to all that visit us here in The Keys! We were so happy to be able to also share the experience of one of our seaplanes with you since your dad had spent so much time flying in seaplanes in the distant past. We know that this flight was so important to you and your mom during your recent day trip to Key West via cruise boat. This is why our staff all hustled to accommodate you when you arrived at the airport 2 hours late for your scheduled flight. We were successful in rescheduling other passengers and other flights and also changing up our pilot schedules to make sure we were able to fly you for this very special flight. We were successful in squeezing you in for your requested 30 minute flight before a private seaplane charter. We understand the importance of this flight so we did everything humanly possible to be sure it happened for you.

We are thrilled that the weather was beautiful and sunny and that you were able to enjoy your private seaplane flight over the island and around the reef and Sand Key Light. You mention that you would enjoy flying with us to Little Palm Island but wonder if all of your gear would fit. We have numerous aircrafts to choose from including larger seaplane options so if you have lots of gear or more people we could certainly accommodate you in a larger seaplane that can carry considerably more than the small seaplane you chose for your basic sightseeing flight. We are sure you will love it!

All of our pilots are medically certified by the FAA yearly and are all in excellent health. We are an FAA-certified 135 operator and we are extremely proud to say we meet the FAA's most strict criteria for aircraft operations. This governs all aspects of our operations from pilot health to aircraft inspections and maintenance. We assure your safety on every flight with this certification as well as with the safety briefing that every passenger receives before every flight. All passengers are also supplied with a safety briefing card in case they have any further question about safety in flight. The pilot who flew you has 17,000 hours of flight experience so we assure you that you were in great hands during your scenic flight. We are glad to know he was able to offer tips at controlling the slight and brief discomfort you experienced.....and that you are ready to fly again!

We look forward to your flight and ask that you contact us for any further questions or ideas you may have to plan your next flight with us. We have already reached out to you via email and look forward to flying with you again any time! Julie and Nikali
Hobe Sound, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best connection ever!”
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I surprised my husband with a weekend at Little Palm Island in the Keys, added a bonus to the trip: a connecting flight from the flight in our own plane to the Marathon airport to the Little Palm "seaport". As we're both pilots with our own seaplane ratings, it made an already-great trip perfect thanks to the great service from Nikali and Julie. They were prompt, professional, safe...and most of all, great fun! Every trip to the Keys should include a scenic flight with Key West Seaplanes - it's an amazing way to see the breathtaking and diverse scenery of the vast area know as "The Keys", and Nikali and Julie know it as well as anyone. Do NOT miss it!!

Visited December 2012
Key-West-Seaplanes, Owner at Key West Seaplanes, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
We enjoyed meeting you and flying you both! Thanks for allowing us the great opportunity to show you just how wonderful a seaplane flight with us to Little Palm Island can be! We are looking forward to your return! Until next time! Julie and Nikali