“Intended just to save time - but got an incredibly fun adventure!”
Review of Key West Seaplanes

Key West Seaplanes
Ranked #172 of 291 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Key West Seaplanes offers exclusive private seaplane and airplane charter services direct to destinations such as Key West, Little Palm Island, Watson Island Seaplane Base, Miami/Ft Lauderdale, Orlando, Tampa, Naples, Islamorada, Marathon, Hawks Cay, Cheeca Lodge, all Bahamas and all Caribbean islandsand Beyond. Our seaplanes land on water as well as on land! We also offer half/full day private island seaplane adventures that include lunch, beverages and gear! Local Tours and custom tours start at just 30 and 50 minutes. Key West Seaplanes offers flights in our seaplanes as well as non-seaplane options. We have 30 years of local flight experience. Come Fly With Us!
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Unbelievably great experience - traveling between Miami and Key West in less than an hour is awesome - and with Key West Seaplanes, we got amazing views and some fun commentary on the geography, too. Julie was fantastic to work with in planning the trip - talked through all the details and gave us great tips for finding great things to do while we were in the Keys. Nikali was a great pilot - solid, confident, made the trip easy.

Know in advance - these are small planes. They bounce around a little - sightseeing low along the islands made my wife a little seasick right as we got into Key West. Next time we'll be prepared with a motion sickness patch. We dodged around puff ball clouds. We got to hear the pilot talk with Air Traffic Control. And after awhile, the headsets started to squeeze our ears and brain a bit.

But its worth the expense and little issues. We booked the trip for a pragmatic reason, in order to skip the 5+ hour each way drive - and got an incredibly fun adventure in return. Will definitely do it again when we go back to Key West.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank rdstrdrvr
Key-West-Seaplanes, Owner at Key West Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

It was a true pleasure working with you during the booking process and it was wonderful flying with you. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your private charter from Miami to Key West! Yes, it makes so much sense to fly it rather than driving it and we are so happy to know that you enjoyed the trip from the air rather than on the road embedded in traffic all the way down US 1.

We are always more than happy to recommend ideas about where to stay in Key West and all of the places we fly including The Keys all Florida and The Bahamas. We have been flying these areas for so long and want you to have a magnificent time on your flights and also during your entire trip! So glad you both so thoroughly enjoyed yourselves on your flight and your stay in Key West.

At Key West Seaplanes we do offer low-level aerial sightseeing with all of our flights but we are also happy to fly up high, or to find whatever altitude is calmest for your flight. Our flights are all about you and that's one of the greatest joys of your private seaplane or airplane charter with us- again, it's all about you.

We do have a fleet of planes and have aircraft that are larger than the one you chose for your private charter. Tips for flying in calm air include flying with us earlier in the day when the air often is calmer here in The Tropics, talking with your pilot throughout your flight and let him know if you are feeling even the slightest bit uncomfortable as we can often find an altitude that is most comfortable for you...and also keeping in mind we have a fleet of planes including ones larger than what you chose for your flight. Almost all people completely enjoy their flights and we are very happy to know your wife loved the experience, too!

As for our aviation headsets- we provide new, quality headsets for you to use during your flight as a courtesy to you. It is not a requirement for you or other passengers to wear them but most people like to wear them to add to their peaceful and comfortable flying experience. If you ever get tired of hearing all of that "cool ATC talk" we can also flip a switch that turns that off in your headset so you can enjoy a completely quiet ride while you chat privately with your travel companions. It's all up to you. Again, you tell us what makes you happy and we will accommodate you! Yes, some people find the headsets are a little "tight" but this is because we use all new equipment and the newer the headset, the tighter it will feel (it's not all stretched out from overuse quite yet!). Also, a tighter fit often adds to increased sound quality and a peaceful flight. Everything we do is for you and your safety and comfort.

We thank you for your kind words and we also offer them right back as we enjoyed flying with you and truly look forward to your next visit to The Keys, Key West or any of our other destinations. Take Care, Julie and Nikali

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I MUST thank Julie - she was the best! The concept of planning a wedding, eloping in Key West, was not as easy as I thought it would be as I started a search to do a typical sunset beach wedding, but glad I somehow ended up finding Key West Seaplanes.

I don't think a lot of people can say they got married on a seaplane -overlooking the water and keys while getting to see the beautiful sunset and experiencing the fun water landings and take offs - and that is exactly what we wanted. It's far from typical but we're both so happy and couldn't have shared this with nicer pilots =) They got us champagne and made it special, it will be an experience and ceremony we'll never forget. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Only bummer is that somehow couple of my photos got deleted and I don't have any of the plane or of Julie... we'll have to go back and fly somewhere else!

1  Thank Fntrvl
Key-West-Seaplanes, Owner at Key West Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2013

Congratulations to you, newlyweds! We really loved being a part of your very special day. Certainly, we must say that we know the two of your are destined for a wonderful life together- both so gorgeous, fun-loving and so much in love. That sunset was just perfect and I cannot imagine a more precious backdrop for your wedding. We think your idea of being married in Key West during February was a perfect idea- such a scheme to be sure you always "have" to come back every February to celebrate your anniversary during the cold winter months. It's always warm and sunny here! We will be looking forward to sharing many anniversary flights with you in the coming years! We are certain there will be many, many happy ones! Thank you for taking the time to post the story of your spectacular wedding....We wish you both the best! Julie and Nikali

Reviewed 12 February 2013

The beauty from the sky of the Florida Keys is something forever changing and forever beautiful and the pilots for Key West Seaplanes will go above and beyond to make sure that you have an incredible trip. They can come pick you up from almost anywhere and whisk you away to any island that you desire (Key West, Islamorada, Little Palm Island). You can custom design every part of your trip. My husband and I had a fabulous time. We were simply in awe. I was super impressed with the professionalism and experience of both pilots. Julie Ann Floyd and Nikali Pontecorvo are Key West locals with nearly 30 years of combined flying experience, so trust me: you are in good hands! The truth is that you really haven't experienced the islands until you've seen them from 500 feet up in the air!

2  Thank KaraFranker

Wow! Nikali is still talking about your overwhelming enthusiasm for flying! We are so happy to know that you really enjoyed your seaplane flight. The views out over the reef and lighthouse were especially beautiful that day so we appreciate you sharing them with others in your posting. We are also really thrilled to know that Little Palm Island was so relaxing for you and provided the perfect getaway. For your next visit to Little Palm Island and Key West you may just need to start your seaplane flight with us from Miami (any of the land-based airports or Watson Island Seaplane Base) and avoid that long drive down The Keys. That will make your next getaway even that much more relaxing. We will be looking forward to it! Thank you for taking the time to reach out with your kind words of review.....Take Care, Julie and Nikali

Reviewed 4 February 2013

My husband and I live in Key West and recently had my father in law and his wife visit us. We wanted to do something special for my father in law’s birthday so we booked a trip on Key West Seaplanes. We spoke to Nikali and explained it was his birthday. Nikali was very helpful and suggested a tour of Key West with a stop in Little Palm Island for lunch.
Upon arrival at the airport, we were welcomed by a friendly and professional staff. We were escorted to the plane and explained the safety procedures, how to board and deplane the plane as well as what to expect during our flight by our pilot Nikali. We eagerly boarded the plane with hopes of seeing sharks, dolphins and maybe some turtles. Our plane accommodated six people and we had a lot of viewing room from all of the windows.
During the flight, Nikali explained the surrounding areas. As residents of Key West, the island looked so different from the air. Nikali answered each question we had in depth taking the time to explain the surrounding area as well as what we were seeing in the water. Nikali had some great stories to share and we had some great laughs during the flight. The best part was our landing in Little Palm Island – it was just so amazing landing in water! It was clear to me having flown on many different flights and various plane types that a special skill was needed to land in the water, and Nikali certainly made it look so easy. Immediately following landing and floating to the dock, we were met by a wonderful staff and had a great lunch on Little Palm Island. We took a tour of the island’s facilities and met some Key Deer along the way (picture included).
When we left the island, we saw dolphins in the water surrounding the plane. We had to be patient (and entertained!) as they circled around the plane. It was so amazing sitting in the plane and seeing them swim that I forgot to take pictures!
I would very highly recommend Key West Seaplanes for their hospitality, friendliness and professionalism.

3  Thank Suntimes-Review

It was our pleasure to be a part of your special family outing from Key West to Little Palm Island for lunch! Yes, we agree that seeing Key West and all of the surrounding islands including the back-country/uninhabited islands on the way over to Little Palm Island and on the return to Key West truly changes one's perspective of the world. It's simply gorgeous and we never, ever tire of the view! We are so happy to know that you were able to see an abundance of wildlife in the water during your flights. Yes, seeing the dolphins circling the seaplane while Nikali slowly taxied the plane on the water was an amazing treat for us as well! Super! We look forward to your next flight with us and hopefully that will be soon. Your family is terrific and we enjoyed you all. Thank you, Julie and Nikali

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I decided to charter a seaplane to Little Palm Island during my last visit to Key West. Since this is a return trip to Little Palm I knew that I would not have to worry about making any arrangements myself. From my first phone call to KW Seaplanes I received exemplary service. I dealt with Julie who returned every call promptly and took care of every detail in planning my trip. She arranged the flight, made the necessary reservations, and arranged the car service to return me to my home. I enjoyed this amazing experience and Julie was a pleasure to work with. I have worked with concierge services throughout the U.S. that couldn't have done better...the trip was flawless!

Nikolai was the pilot for my trip to Little Palm. Since I flew with him before I knew I would be comfortable with him in the "drivers seat". His knowledge of the area and friendly banter made for a very enjoyable trip. He was very concerned with my well being each time that we flew.

Both Julie and Nikolai are very professional and took the time to really make sure that the trip was an enjoyable experience for me. Since I have discovered KW Seaplanes they have added more planes to their business. The planes are very clean, top-of-the-line units and I feel very safe in them along with the competent pilots that I have dealt with. I highly recommend this company to anyone wanting a truly memorable, safe experience throughout the Key West area.

1  Thank MorningGlory435
Key-West-Seaplanes, Owner at Key West Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

It was a real pleasure to see you again and truly enjoyed your flight to Little Palm for dinner as much as you did. Nikali is still talking about the pod of dolphin you saw during the extra aerial sightseeing you all did before heading to Little Palm Island. You sure are becoming a pro at spotting the wildlife in the water! We know how busy you are with your hectic schedule and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with others. Since your first flight with us in 2009 we certainly cherish you as one of our valued frequent fliers. We are looking forward to your next flight and thank you again for flying with us! Julie and Nikali