“Mango Tree Inn in the Center of it All”
Review of Mango Tree Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Mango Tree Inn
Ranked #58 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Southern New Jersey
“Mango Tree Inn in the Center of it All”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed here for three nights at the end of June. Drove a rented Harley from Miami so parking wasn't a problem for us. Peggy and Johnny were great hosts! We loved the fresh flowers every day in the room, all picked from the lush gardens surrounding this quaint spot. Our room overlooked the pool, which was a great way to cool off after a steamy bicycle ride or after a morning kayak tour (both of which Peggy helped to arrange). They also offered great suggestions for meals and other activities. And being only being one block off Duval makes the Mango Tree Inn a great place from which to visit all the sites of Key West. Would highly recommend! Can't wait to go back again.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool or facing the back of the inn.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tedski7

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Would definitely stay here again. It's not far from Duval, nice little pool area, and the room was cozy and clean. They even put fresh flowers in your room, on your pillow, towels, along the shower curb, and rose petals in the toilet bowl ha!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank AshleiLove
Columbia Il
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Fantastic spot. Would not hesitate to go back there again. The owners were very nice and the room was beautiful. We miss their dog Caylie as well.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DonnyC55
Allentown PA
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Quaint, clean and “great location”. Rooms are well stocked with all the little things you might need during your stay or while at the beach. The pool offers a great alternative if you choose to relax close to your room. Parking is restricted to finding a spot on the street if you have a car, although with a scooter or bike there is ample parking. From larger rooms with a full kitchen to singles both have that great Key West appeal!

Room Tip: 1ST floor court yard side
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank deerjeff
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I stayed at the mango tree inn over thanksgiving weekend with my husband and a friend. I had done a lot of research on where to stay in key west. We knew we wanted to be as close to duval st as possible. After calling a couple places and finding out they were book two other inns recommended I try the mango tree inn. I looked up the reviews and they looked pretty good so I called and was able to get a room for the three of us for about $150.00/night so the price was great!
When we arrived the place was beautiful but we quickly realized why someone else had said parking was a issue. We circled multiple blocks and could not find anything! Finally Peggy let us block the driveway and leave the keys and she was going to find us a spot when one opened up. Perfect unless you have to use the car again which we did the next day.
The room was clean and had everything we needed. The exterior entrance with our own little courtyard was a added bonus too! We headed out for our first night which was Thanksgiving night. We returned to our room late and woke the next morning to birds chirping.I now realize the only reason it was so quiet that first night was because of the holiday. This was the only night of rest. Complaints about the traffic noise I brushed off when reading the reviews and thought others were just being picky. If you have problems with noise while you sleep DO NOT stay here!!! Firetrucks yup! 4 one night alone. Trash trucks yup! And it's sounded like they were in the room. Semi's yup! We quickly learned that being one block off Duval everyone was using southard as means to avoid Duval. The last night I finally said to my husband as much as I like this place I don't think I would stay again for only two reasons. Parking and the noise from traffic. I realize Peggy can't fix these issues so I still think it is a great little inn just be aware that there are some issues before you book.

• Stayed November 2011
7 Thank MSladek
Scituate, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We stayed at this pretty Inn at the end of September - the owner was very gracious and the room was very spacious! The second floor room had a small kitchen - which I had forgotten about but was a preasant surprise - especially because the nightly rate (<$150) was great! And there was a small private porch off the bedroom - which was a great place to have coffee or a glass of wine - when you're sitting there - you seem to be enveloped by the huge branches of the royal poinciana tree which still had some amazing blossoms on it - what treat!
There is also a small pool that looked inviting - just off the main entrance to the inn.
The only negative (which I neglected to share with the owner at check-out) is that the air-conditioner in this room was very noisy - there are newer less noisy in-the-wall air conditioners available, the owners should invest just a little more $$ to make this room one that you'd definitely want to come back to!
(By the way we were there at the end of September - it was very hot and very humid - so we had to leave the a/c running all the time; in cooler, drier weather, I guess this wouldn't be an issue...)

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor room with the private porch - unless you're like me and you can't slee...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Daytrippin_from_FLA
Jamaica
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Two things irked me... my car's security system would not work - the explanation was the massive cell tower on the corner blocking the signal. the second was the lack of parking and the games played to get and then keep a spot. We wanted to sit on the second floor verandah and just relax but this was off-limits.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple