But it wasn't! When we checked in the room we paid for was not available in the main house. They put us across the street. We had a view of the side heard and street instead of the ocean. That evening after dinner we went back to our room to discover that the room was flooded with light. There was a transom window over the door that wasn't covered and the porch light flooded in. The other side of the room was we'll it by flood lights from outdoors. After a night with no sleep we were offered a room in the main house. When you have four nights repacking and again unpacking is NOT the way you want to spend the day! However, sleep at any price, we took it. Much to our dismay there was light coming in from the transom over the door in this room too. So two strikes, having to move and unable to sleep.
The saving grace was that the pool was clean, not crowded, the area was quiet and peaceful. Quite lovely too. As it should be for the price, this is not a cheap B&B. By the way, I would call this a rather not too special boutique hotel, not a B&B. Although breakfast is served there is no innkeeper to be found, a requirement for a decent B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only Bed and Breakfast on the Ocean in Key West, Florida. Located on Duval street and within walking distance of Museums, Restaurants, Bars and entertainment. Due to museum pieces within the Southernmost all guest must be 18 years or older. A sophisticated setting located directly on the Oceanfront. The Southernmost House stands out as Key West's most striking oceanfront bed and breakfast, with 18 spacious, exquisitely appointed, air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Refresh in the cool water of a glistening zero-entry pool as you gaze out at the infinite sea. Enjoy peaceful moments soaking in the sun and a delightful complimentary breakfast. Stroll down Duval Street, towards all the spirit and character that embodies Key West's laissez-faire persona. The Southernmost House is located just footsteps away from Old Town Key West attractions, restaurants & bars, shops and art galleries. Built in 1897 and electricity was installed by Thomas Edison in 1990. The Southernmost House is the 2nd most photographed home in the USA. The most requested location in the Florida Keys for Weddings. The Mansion has hosted presidents, movie stars and writers. Guest must be 18 years or older due to museum pieces throughout the Southernmost House Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Southernmost House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost House Hotel Key West
- The Southernmost House Key West, Florida