This house has a great location, and cute rooms.
We stayed in room 21 which is the only two bedroom. It was my girlfriend and I also joined by another couple. We unfortunately planned our vacation this past week during spring break. I say it was unfortunate because we were harassed the entire time by the owners of this house. They said they " don't take spring breakers" fair enough but we are not "spring breakers" we all work full-time jobs and have children of our own. Once we told them to stop harassing us about "being on spring break" we were accused of smuggling people into our rooms. The husband asked me "how many people were in your room last night"? I told him myself, my girlfriend, and the other couple. He said "are you sure there wernt two other females in there?" Now why would two couple on vacation together bring two strange women into our rooms?? Doesn't make sense. So we said we understand you are trying to comfort your other guest but you are making us feel uncomfortable and we don't even want to stay here any longer...
we were asked to pay the whole reservation up-front and I knew that felt weird when they asked us, but I thought it may be their policy. But I figured that out to be wrong once we checked out, the wife says all I need is your keys it looks like you already paid. So now they have completely profiled this 25-28 year old group as being spring breakers, human traffickers, and poor. What did they think we were going to not have the money to pay them at the end? (they have a credit card on file for a reason)
They also lock the back patio at night so you cant relax anywhere on the property except your bedroom and the front porch where homeless people live. The maid doesnt go out of her way she makes your bed and gives you new towels that's it. The maid is a snoop her name is Maria and I set my laptop up and watched her open our cooler up to see what was inside of it (I was recording with my webcam).
Another night while downstairs waiting for our girlfriends to run up stairs real quick to grab something, my girlfriend sent me a picture of a half naked man sleeping with his door wide opened within 10 feet of our room.
Key west was amazing, this house was terrible we spent over a thousand dollars for three nights and got harassed the whole time this is my first review ever writing because I just couldn't allow anyone to go here expecting a decent experience.
Its in a great location though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful historic Conch home, built in 1939, with eleven spacious, individually personalized rooms, all with private bathrooms, located in the heart of Old Town Key West, less than 1/2 block from Duval Street. Our rates are competitive and include a daily continental breakfast, and complimentary welcome beverage (wine between 4:00 and 5:00 pm on Fridays and Saturdays), and concierge services available at the front desk. All rooms have a refrigerator, hair dryer, iron and ironing board for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your L'Habitation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Habitation Hotel Key West
- L'Habitation Key West, Florida