“4 years in a row, we love L' Habitation!”
Review of L'Habitation

L'Habitation
Ranked #41 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 March 2013

L' Habitation is the perfect location and a great price!! We just spent 7 nights there, and was our 4th year in a row staying there in March (week 10 or 11), and we love it! Stewart and Helena are very welcoming, and remember us every year. Very clean rooms, very safe area and very comfortable. We'll be back in March 2014!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Darrin V

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We have stayed here several times and really like the day we are accomadated.always clean and a nice breakfast every morning!You can't go wrong with this place.Very covisnt to Duvall St and area restaurants

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Tireguy4911
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This house has a great location, and cute rooms.

We stayed in room 21 which is the only two bedroom. It was my girlfriend and I also joined by another couple. We unfortunately planned our vacation this past week during spring break. I say it was unfortunate because we were harassed the entire time by the owners of this house. They said they " don't take spring breakers" fair enough but we are not "spring breakers" we all work full-time jobs and have children of our own. Once we told them to stop harassing us about "being on spring break" we were accused of smuggling people into our rooms. The husband asked me "how many people were in your room last night"? I told him myself, my girlfriend, and the other couple. He said "are you sure there wernt two other females in there?" Now why would two couple on vacation together bring two strange women into our rooms?? Doesn't make sense. So we said we understand you are trying to comfort your other guest but you are making us feel uncomfortable and we don't even want to stay here any longer...

we were asked to pay the whole reservation up-front and I knew that felt weird when they asked us, but I thought it may be their policy. But I figured that out to be wrong once we checked out, the wife says all I need is your keys it looks like you already paid. So now they have completely profiled this 25-28 year old group as being spring breakers, human traffickers, and poor. What did they think we were going to not have the money to pay them at the end? (they have a credit card on file for a reason)

They also lock the back patio at night so you cant relax anywhere on the property except your bedroom and the front porch where homeless people live. The maid doesnt go out of her way she makes your bed and gives you new towels that's it. The maid is a snoop her name is Maria and I set my laptop up and watched her open our cooler up to see what was inside of it (I was recording with my webcam).

Another night while downstairs waiting for our girlfriends to run up stairs real quick to grab something, my girlfriend sent me a picture of a half naked man sleeping with his door wide opened within 10 feet of our room.

Key west was amazing, this house was terrible we spent over a thousand dollars for three nights and got harassed the whole time this is my first review ever writing because I just couldn't allow anyone to go here expecting a decent experience.

Its in a great location though!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jared M
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We stayed here for New Years this past year and it was the best trip to Key West I have ever had! Stuart was extremely helpful and made us feel very much at home. I cannot say enough good things about this place. It is an excellent location and has a great front porch. It is just off of Duval and you can walk anywhere! Extremely clean. The staff really makes you feel like you are are just staying with some friends for the weekend.

Room Tip: Be sure you read the description of the room and make sure there is enough sleeping room for the peo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My wife and I took our first trip to Key West Florida on the Fast Boat from Fort Myers, Florida and found this well located B&B on Eaton street. WE spent two nights in February and found L'habitation i to be well located in the heart of every activity worth our time. No need for an automobile since every activity was simply steps away from Duval Street where much if the action is day or night. Prices were very competitive and the rooms very clean and for the most part Quiet. The breakfast was varied enough and the coffee good. we had a room off the front porch where quests can gather out side to relax. our second night was quite noisy as a few guests gathered to talk well after 11pm. I easily corrected this by asking them to move their discussion else where. Suggest you avoid rooms 11 and 12 if possible.

Room Tip: avoid rooms 11 and 12 near the front porch,
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night during our first trip to Key West. As this was our first visit to Key West, we cannot really compare it to any other hotels in the area. The proximity to the night life on Duval St was great. We were a 2 minute walk to all of the restaurants and bars. Our room was a good size, had plenty of space for storing our bags and even had a couch in it. The shower was tiny, I am a normal size person and could barely fit in the shower.

As was mentioned in many other reviews the breakfast consisted of Coffee and Tea, cold pastries, donuts, oatmeal and fruit. We ended up going out for breakfast.

Lastly, in looking for a hotel, L'Habitation was much more affordable than other properties with similar reviews and locations. Overall, we will likely stay at this hotel again if we return to Key West based on the price and the location.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bbucker13
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Me and a friend decided to take a road trip one day to key west not knowing it was hemming way days and I think we got the last room on the island staff was extremely nice! After a long night of partying we woke up on our day to leave to realize we lost out truck keys! We walked down stairs and told the owner what happened she held our luggage for us until we back tracked where we went to! I'm going to the key west poker run 2013 and this was the 1st and only place I looked to reserve a room can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed: August 2012