“Favorite place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Santa Maria Suites

Santa Maria Suites
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Favorite place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I must say I am very picky when it comes to staying places. Santa Maria suites NEVER disappoints! I have stayed here several times, as I live in Ft. Lauderdale. The staff is great, the rooms are always very clean, you cannot beat the location. The pool is awesome and they have the best smoothies! Also set us up with scooter rentals and anything else you need when you are there. I dont even like muffins and their muffins are the best! I always bring some home with me! I would HIGHLY recommend staying here if you are going to Key West.

Room Tip: Every room is good!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Courtney W
SantaMariaGM, General Manager at Santa Maria Suites, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

Thank you for your comments and really appreciate your business again...and again. We are glad you had a nice stay and hope you return again….soon!

Steve Mungall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed here for two nights in October in a 2 bedroom suite. The suites are very nice! They have a beautiful kitchen, comfortable beds, with a nice living room. They offer smoothies by the pools and snacks in the later afternoon. It's conveniently located - it's near the beach and near Duvall Street but also just far enough away from Duvall Street that one does not get all the noise from the folks who like to visit all the bars late at night. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Pam D
Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

Thank you for your comments and really appreciate your business. We are glad you had a nice stay and hope you return….soon!

Faringdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Santa Maria suites were ideal for the 4 of us, we had a 2 bedroom suite, it was very clean and well stocked. Anything we used was quickly replaced and fresh muffins and chocolates were left every evening. The staff were helpful advising us about where to visit in the area. The swimming pool area was very well looked after. We chose these suites because it was in a central area but not on noisy Duval street. I would certainly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs suite over looking the pools, I think this would be quieter than the ground floor...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JANE K
Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

I'm glad you enjoyed all the amenities...and thank you very much for the 5 Star rating!

Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I saw the excellent reviews before we left but I'm always a skeptic when it comes to cleanliness of a hotel. But hands down, this place was awesome! We had great service and the rooms were really clean. The staff had chocolate dove bars in our freezer every night for us as well as fresh muffins in the morning. Happy hour was a plus too with free wine from 4-5:30 near the pool. We had a wonderful time and can't say one bad thing about this place. I would absolutely recommend this everyone! It truly is a tropical oasis!
- Kelly

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kelly A
Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

Happy Hour(1 1/2 hours) is always the best time of the day at Santa Maria Suites...and thank you very much for the 5 Star rating!

Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Room was an amazing two story that felt like a luxury condo and the pool was amazing. They arranged to have bike rentals for us from an off site company. Free smoothies at the pool:)
Staff super friendly but they are very strict with check out times. Usually at hotels 1pm is no problem but they were not OK with the late check out

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fitdp
Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

Unfortunantly and fortunantly...our resort has lots of early arrivals but you can alsways stay late and store your luggage.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We always love staying at Santa Maria. Its like our home away from home. The staff and service is exceptional. The muffins they provide are the best around and I always save one to take home. I have sent many of our friends to key west and stay at Santa Maria. Thanks to everyone for another great weekend.
Pamela N.

1 Thank Pamela N
Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

Super wedding! Wonderful bride and groom!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is a very clean and modern place to stay. Dusti was wonderful with helping to arrange a side trip and suggestions of restaurants and attractions.
The pool and area was extremely clean and well kept, but hard to enjoy when parents and nannies don't discipline the kids. Management should be a bit stricter with pool rules, I know it is hard to keep everyone happy but cannonballs into the pool should not be happening at a place of this caliber. The beach area that you have access to is a couple of blocks away and not worth the walk. It was very small, crowded and a bit dirty.
I was also surprised that you were expected to transfer your own luggage, there was no bell service offered, and if you had a 2 bedroom suite it meant you carried your bags from the lot then up a set of stairs into the suite and up another set of stairs to the bedrooms. Stayed here 6 days, only received turn down service 2 days the other 4 days the candy was left on kitchen counter with the morning muffins. Our room was not made up till almost 4 pm each day which was disruptive when getting ready for evening plans.
I may be a bit picky, but I expect what I pay for. The staff is wonderful and pleasant which makes you overlook any disappointment you may have.

2 Thank Ann S
Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

We are family friendly so some times kids get a little loud but we try hard to balance out the activities around the pool for all.