“Beautiful place to stay in the heart of Key West”

Santa Maria Suites Hotel
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I choose this hotel because i have read so many good reviews about this beautiful boutique style hotel. I can't complain about anything. Staff was great: very friendly and helpful. Fast and smooth check in/check out. One block away from Duval street. My husband and i were traveling with our friends. We got 2 bedrooms 2 1/2 bathrooms duplex modern apartment with everything you need. I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SofiaBrod
SantaMariaGM, General Manager at Santa Maria Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

Thank you for your comments and really appreciate your business. We are glad you had a nice stay and hope you return….soon!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel with about 13 of my friends. We were celebrating my friends bachelorette weekend and had two rooms only to find that the cleaning staff had entered our room when we where out at some point and made copies of three of my credit cards. They were smart about it too, they didn't use the cards right away. They waited about two weeks to make sure we were home and settled, so they couldn't be implicated. Then they tried to charge up hundreds of dollars at Toys R Us, Publix, T- Mobile and even at vending machines (seriously). They did not take any cash/jewelry or anything other pysical thing of value because that would've been too obvious.

I will say that this this hotel is very nice, modern, clean and the staff was very attentative! But is it worth staying there.......................ABSOLUTELY NOT!! I've been to Key West dozens of times and had never had this happen to me there before............EVER! That was my first and LAST time staying at Santa Maria Suites.

Also, to confirm this has happened before go to reviews, click on terrible and go to the second page.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
14  Thank monica g
SantaMariaGM, General Manager at Santa Maria Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Santa Maria Suites’ Guest
I’m sorry for your issue with your credit card…I also hate that credit card fraud is as wide spread as it is today. We don’t have any issues like this at the resort except only once before and again with large groups of people sharing suites during a Bachelorette party weekend …just like your Bachelorette party group.
We do provide complimentary electronic safes in each suite for our guests to use…I encourage all guests and at any resort or hotel to use safes for unattended valuables.
As we spoke on the phone, most of our staff has been with the resort for a long period of time and we encourage you to report any type of fraud to the authorities. We will in this case as well as others, cooperated to the fullest extent in any investigations and will assist in the prosecution of the guilty.
Thank you for staying with us and I know from the staffs’ observations that all of you had a very celebratory time during the Bachelorette Weekend.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed here with girlfriend and family in Dec 2013 for four nights.

Pros:
Great location, very close to Duval St and beaches.
Suite was well-furnished and clean, comfortable.
Full kitchen has pots, pans, utensils if you want to cook.
Each room has an attached bathroom and the living room had a half bath. Plenty of space.
There's also a washer/dryer with provided detergent.
Pool is nice and great to lounge by, with free smoothies, fruit, and wine happy hour.

Cons:
Beware the fees! We were charged both a $20 extra person fee and a $25 resort fee per person per night over the 2 person /suite default. Why a 2-bedroom suite would default to 2 people and why are there double fees I can't understand. We are fine with the extra resort fee, that's standard, but why another extra person fee on top? No one could explain this.
Service was very inconsistent. While everyone was nice and the front desk was always staffed, often only junior staff was present. Sometimes there'd be lots of staff around the pool and sometimes no one. As part of the resort fee, we were supposed to receive ice cream bars and muffins every night, but only got them 2/4 nights. As a suggestion to owners, a breakfast muffin basket would be easier than giving them to the room at 9pm.

Room Tip: All the suites we saw are very nice. South facing suites have a lot of light and you'll need to...
4  Thank fzero

Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

Thank you the idea with the muffins..we will look into doing something a little different.

Our rates do start with 2 persons rates due to the fact we do have have guests with 2 people which want two bedrooms. We offer so many amenities based on the number of people in your suite, so not to over charge for the 2 person guest stay, we do charge additional person fees so we can provide to all guests.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

2bedrooms, 3 baths, 3 flat screens, wine and chips @4PM at the pool. My wife even paid a visit to my bedroom occasionally . What could be better? Fruit basket at the pool for a healthy snack. Muffins delivered to the room for morning. Coffee and maker in room. 1 block to the beach if you prefer for a change of pace. Close to our favorite restaurants. No golf this week, going to San Diego next week for that.

Room Tip: My wife snores horribly, that's why we always pick some place with separate sleeping accommodati...
1  Thank Jer B

Reviewed 15 December 2013

A beautiful, secluded place to stay in Key West that keeps you feeling like you're the only people around until you step outside the door and you're one block from the fun of Duval Street. Staff was superb, treated our party of 36 with friendliness and great concierge service, always going out of their way to do anything to make our stay the very best. Everyone was awesome but Dusti, Amber Lynn & Jenya we're amazing each and every day they were there!! Will definitely stay here again!! Kris D.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

Thank you for mentioning the staff by name....Amber, Dusti and Jenya...all are great!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This was our second visit to this property and I cannot say enough good things. We stayed as hosts of a large wedding party. Everyone was overwhelmed by the terrific experience.

Staff:
The staff of this establishment was superb from start to finish. They are among the most friendly and helpful I've encountered anywhere. Dusti was magnificent. She made an abundance of excellent recommendations and followed up on each. Dusti arranged a deep sea fishing excursion for our group, which required two boats that happened to be from different companies. To my surprise, she was able to arrange a pick-up from a close by dock. Most impressive of all was the phone call I received in the morning to be sure we were up (it was the day after the wedding). I'm not sure she was even on the clock yet (side note: take your catch to Ana's Cuban Café to be prepared). Christina was great as well. She worked pool side for the majority of our stay, and took great care of everyone. She provided a lot of great dining tips and at checkout she printed our boarding passes. Although we didn't get to spend much time with Guido outside of the day we checked in, she was nothing short of memorable.

Rooms:
All of the rooms have a very modern décor and feature full kitchens with utensils. Each has a washer and dryer with detergent provided. Having learned that from a prior stay, it was nice to be able to pack fewer clothes and wash some along the way. Two bedrooms units feature a bathroom with each room. A lot of our guests really appreciated that in addition to the nightly turndown with chocolates and ice cream.

The pool side smoothies and lemonade included with our stay were a hit, as were the fresh muffins delivered daily. I especially enjoyed making coffee and having a muffin on the balcony. The beach is about a one block walk from the hotel and was a lot cleaner than last year (sea weed). Sunscreen is available poolside as well as water and towels.

The location is excellent, just one block off Duval Street on southern end. The only drawback to the location is the lack of an ocean view but the hotel staff, grounds and rooms more than make up for that.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Brandon K

Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

Thank you for mentioning the staff by name....Dusti and Christina!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

My husband and I really wanted a place in Key West that had a kitchen and washer/dryer but wasn't a house, so we uncharacteristically selected the Santa Maria without having seen it first at some point. The facility itself is beautiful and is very well-appointed on the southern end of the island. The staff was very, very nice and responsive, and we appreciated the muffins and sweets delivered every evening. We enjoyed our room, which was very chic and modern, except for the following things: 1) sitting downstairs every evening we could hear the loud groups that were outside partying until after midnight; 2) HD TVs only had a basic cable package so the pictures were not very good; 3) the maids came late in the day; 4) no gluten-free options for the muffins. We enjoyed our visit, but probably will not stay at the Santa Maria again because we really feel like enjoying Key West would be easier if we were closer to Mallory Square.

Room Tip: I would imagine that the upper floors are quieter than lower
2  Thank GodsArmy7

Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

We value our location as it is very close to Duval but you don't have to stay or sleep on Duval. Thank you for your other comments.