Santa Maria Suites Hotel
US$380
US$282
US$309
  • Pool
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$253
US$216
US$371
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
US$1,147
1,940 results
All reviewsfree smoothiesdove ice cream barsfresh muffinsbi levelfull kitchenturn down servicetwo bedroom suitewasher and dryerduval streethappy hourwine coolerpool areasouthernmost pointhalf bathbottled waterevery eveningliving area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with some friends. Initially, we were impressed. The hotel itself is beautiful and clean but my credit cards and other items were stolen from my room while I was sightseeing. I didn't want to point fingers but all signs pointed to hotel staff due to the timing of the incident and access to the room. Then, the hotel had the nerve to try and charge me for missing cups from the room. Why would I steal used, plastic cups?! I have since filed a police report and have had all of my money returned but I will never again stay at this hotel. Not to be trusted!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
20  Thank Jennah L
SantaMariaGM, General Manager at Santa Maria Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Santa Maria Suites’ Guest
I’m sorry for your issue with your credit card…I also hate that credit card fraud is as wide spread as it is today. We don’t have any issues like this at the resort except only once before and again with large groups of people sharing suites during a Bachelorette party weekend …just like your Bachelorette party group.
We do provide complimentary electronic safes in each suite for our guests to use…I encourage all guests and at any resort or hotel to use safes for unattended valuables.
As we spoke on the phone, most of our staff has been with the resort for a long period of time and we encourage you to report any type of fraud to the authorities. We will in this case as well as others, cooperated to the fullest extent in any investigations and will assist in the prosecution of the guilty.
Thank you for staying with us and I know from the staffs’ observations that all of you had a very celebratory time during the Bachelorette Weekend.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I choose this hotel because i have read so many good reviews about this beautiful boutique style hotel. I can't complain about anything. Staff was great: very friendly and helpful. Fast and smooth check in/check out. One block away from Duval street. My husband and i were traveling with our friends. We got 2 bedrooms 2 1/2 bathrooms duplex modern apartment with everything you need. I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SofiaBrod
SantaMariaGM, General Manager at Santa Maria Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

Thank you for your comments and really appreciate your business. We are glad you had a nice stay and hope you return….soon!

Thank you very much for the 5 Star rating!

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel with about 13 of my friends. We were celebrating my friends bachelorette weekend and had two rooms only to find that the cleaning staff had entered our room when we where out at some point and made copies of three of my credit cards. They were smart about it too, they didn't use the cards right away. They waited about two weeks to make sure we were home and settled, so they couldn't be implicated. Then they tried to charge up hundreds of dollars at Toys R Us, Publix, T- Mobile and even at vending machines (seriously). They did not take any cash/jewelry or anything other pysical thing of value because that would've been too obvious.

I will say that this this hotel is very nice, modern, clean and the staff was very attentative! But is it worth staying there.......................ABSOLUTELY NOT!! I've been to Key West dozens of times and had never had this happen to me there before............EVER! That was my first and LAST time staying at Santa Maria Suites.

Also, to confirm this has happened before go to reviews, click on terrible and go to the second page.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
14  Thank monica g

Dear Santa Maria Suites’ Guest

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed here with girlfriend and family in Dec 2013 for four nights.

Pros:
Great location, very close to Duval St and beaches.
Suite was well-furnished and clean, comfortable.
Full kitchen has pots, pans, utensils if you want to cook.
Each room has an attached bathroom and the living room had a half bath. Plenty of space.
There's also a washer/dryer with provided detergent.
Pool is nice and great to lounge by, with free smoothies, fruit, and wine happy hour.

Cons:
Beware the fees! We were charged both a $20 extra person fee and a $25 resort fee per person per night over the 2 person /suite default. Why a 2-bedroom suite would default to 2 people and why are there double fees I can't understand. We are fine with the extra resort fee, that's standard, but why another extra person fee on top? No one could explain this.
Service was very inconsistent. While everyone was nice and the front desk was always staffed, often only junior staff was present. Sometimes there'd be lots of staff around the pool and sometimes no one. As part of the resort fee, we were supposed to receive ice cream bars and muffins every night, but only got them 2/4 nights. As a suggestion to owners, a breakfast muffin basket would be easier than giving them to the room at 9pm.

Room Tip: All the suites we saw are very nice. South facing suites have a lot of light and you'll need to close drapes very tightly.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank fzero

Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

Thank you the idea with the muffins..we will look into doing something a little different.

Our rates do start with 2 persons rates due to the fact we do have have guests with 2 people which want two bedrooms. We offer so many amenities based on the number of people in your suite, so not to over charge for the 2 person guest stay, we do charge additional person fees so we can provide to all guests.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

2bedrooms, 3 baths, 3 flat screens, wine and chips @4PM at the pool. My wife even paid a visit to my bedroom occasionally . What could be better? Fruit basket at the pool for a healthy snack. Muffins delivered to the room for morning. Coffee and maker in room. 1 block to the beach if you prefer for a change of pace. Close to our favorite restaurants. No golf this week, going to San Diego next week for that.

Room Tip: My wife snores horribly, that's why we always pick some place with separate sleeping accommodations ..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jer B

Dear Santa Maria Suites Guest,

Thank you very much for the 5 Star rating!

Happy Holidays!