We stayed here last minute having checked out of the Casa Marina Hotel because it was so disappointing. We were glad we made the change and were very pleased with our experience here. The resort is high quality, with well appointed, luxurious rooms and amenities. The staff on the front desk are very friendly and helpful and the lady who works the outdoor bar and pool areas most days is a great asset to the establishment. On our first night we were able to stay in a larger suite which was pretty much perfect. The rest of the time we were in a smaller suite which although very nice was rather cramped in the bedroom and bathroom. I think the layout in the bedroom could use a rethink. Smaller taps in the shower would also provide more space. Everything about the apartments though was of the highest quality, the marble floors and bright quality tiling were all great touches. Having our own kitchen as well as washing machine and tumble dryer was also very useful. All the kitchen and Laundry equipment was also of the highest quality. This hotel appears to care about its guests and the provision of water, ice creams, smoothies, muffins, chocolates and even a Happy hour are lovely touches. The only thing which really stops this resort being excellent is the cleaning staff. They were just so sullen and unfriendly all the time, plus when we moved into our room there were kids handprints on the glass wall from the previous occupants and they remained there for our entire stay. Attention to detail when cleaning is clearly lacking. Also, the idea of the muffins delivered to the rooms is great, but they are not nice muffins. One could argue that as they are complimentary one should just be grateful, but I presume our resort fee covers things like the muffins and I would prefer no muffin to a heavy glutinous one. Also, why charge the resort fee as an extra? Why not just include it in the price of the room? Overall though a great stay and we certainly would stay again on future trips to Key West.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the eclectic and sophisticated charm of Key West with out the hustle & bustle of a large hotel at the Santa Maria Suites Resort. Barely a block from Duval Street and the Atlantic Ocean, the Santa Maria is an elegantly refined all suites hotel designed for the discriminating traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Santa Maria Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Hotel Key West
- Santa Maria Resort
- Santa Maria Suites Hotel Key West, Florida