We went to Key West for our anniversary and stayed at Santa Maria Suites for a week. The location was perfect for our lifestyle - a block from the QUIET end of Duval Street. It's a mile (easy walk or taxi) from the party-party (north) end of Duval Street. The hotel has a beautiful courtyard with pool and pool concierge where we enjoyed relaxing - the concierge provides towels, water, smoothies, friendly travel/restaurant advice, etc. I felt like Lindsey and Derek were old friends by the time we left. The front desk also assisted in making dinner reservations and booked us on a catamaran trip.
The suite we stayed in (33) was essentially a very narrow town house. Downstairs was a narrow living room with huge flat screen TV, a half bathroom, stack laundry, and a kitchen with big counter and bar stools. Upstairs were two bedrooms, each with its own full bathroom. Other noteworthy amenities included free parking (rare in Key West since real estate is at a premium), and a small exercise room. Everything was newly renovated and top of the line. We could not have been more comfortable here, were sad to have to leave, and definitely will return.
Some "constructive criticism" I'd like to pass to the hotel, since I believe as wonderful as any place is, there's always room for improvement:
1) Since everything at Santa Maria Suites is first class, please consider replacing the Maxwell House coffee you put in the kitchens. It is awful. (On the positive side, since the coffee provided was so bad, it motivated me to go across the street to the little Cuban take out for their most excellent Cafe con Leche.)
2) Please consider putting bathrobes in your suites, as many luxury hotels do.
3) Is there anyway to spray for or control the mosquitos in the courtyard? I was bitten many times, especially if I was outside at dusk.
Overall, these are extremely minor issues, and we love the Suites. Thank you for a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the eclectic and sophisticated charm of Key West with out the hustle & bustle of a large hotel at the Santa Maria Suites Resort. Barely a block from Duval Street and the Atlantic Ocean, the Santa Maria is an elegantly refined all suites hotel designed for the discriminating traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Santa Maria Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Hotel Key West
- Santa Maria Resort
- Santa Maria Suites Hotel Key West, Florida