“WOW. Best charter in Key West.”

Dream Catcher Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: The Pioneers of organized private fishing, boating, sight seeing and eco charters since 1993. What We offer: Backcountry fishing on board our Yellowfin Bay Boats that can carry 4 persons easily some with bathrooms and shade -- Flats Fishing on board our state of the art flats boats with veteran professional flats fishing guides -- Tarpon Fishing specialists in the harbor, out in the backcountry or on the flats -- Deep Sea Fishing charters for groups of 6 or less -- Wreck and reef fishing out to the Dry Tortugas -- Fun Snorkeling AND Fishing combo charters -- Sight seeing, eco tours, island hopping and more of What You Want To Do -- We are also Fly Fishing instructors and fly fishing guides. Dream Catcher Charters has set the standard for the Key West fleet with incredible customer service, impeccable clean new boats and talented guides that is seldom seen anywhere. Dream Catcher Charters is directed by veteran Key West Fishing guide Capt. Steven Lamp who has a philosophy that Only The Best Will Do.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Pittsburgh
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“WOW. Best charter in Key West.”
Reviewed 21 May 2008

We had Captain David and he was GREAT. My wife and I booked a 6 hour shark fishing trip. We wish we would have booked an 8 hour. The other reviews are spot on. We left at 2:00 and ended at 8:00. Captain David was great. We started by catching some bait fish, (ones you cut up for the sharks!). They were all the fish you see while snorkeling so it was neat seeing them out of the water and it was a whoot to catch them. Every cast you caught a fish 4” – 12” long. Captain David knows the islands like the back of his hands. After we caught a bunch of bait fish (where I also caught a small bonnet shark), we went to catch sharks. I thought we were going to catch sharks the size of my arm, but these were FALL IN AND YOU ARE DEAD sharks. Once we got to the shark area which was about two and a half feet deep, we caught a few barracudas to also use as bait fish. The captain then chopped them up and tossed all the fish in the water to attract the sharks. And then they came. Multiple 5-6' sharks. Our first two strikes BIT THROUGH the steel leader line. The next two sharks got hooked though. There is something to be said about reeling in a 5' shark standing on the bow of a boat in water that is 2.5 feet deep and extremely clear. I will never forget it. As the tide rolled out we then went to fish for Tarpon. These are the biggest fish I have ever seen. Captain David made it so easy to catch these fish. I tried one and after 30 minutes of exhaustive fighting it came off the line. My wife then had a shot and 30 minutes later it broke her line. These fish are amazing. I couldn't imagine fishing for them all day.

All in all we caught around 15-20 different species of fish, saw a lot of the keys off of Key West, got to see all the water depths and colors, and CAUGHT SHARKS.

We were on the Bay boat which I believe is 24 feet. Very comfortable for 2 people plus the captain. You could also do 3 people or 2 people with 2 kids.

Definitely the highlight of the trip. This charter company is top notch. When you park in front of the charter company, which is on the second floor of the biggest building, walk around to your right to the gas pumps (past the repair garages) and you’ll see your captain at the gas pump.

1 Thank shopkins1994

Eustis, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“What a way to spend a beautiful day in the Keys”
Reviewed 17 April 2007

This was our first trip to Key West for our family. No trip to Key West is complete without spending some time on and in the water, and we wanted to do just that. We knew we wanted to fish and snorkel so we started looking at different tours and charters that would allow us to do just that. We search dozens of websites and the one that appealed to us the most was Dream Catchers Charters. They have a package that allows you to choose the day your way..any combination of activities: fishing, snorkeling, island hopping, etc. The price was VERY reasonable and I think what attracted us most was the fact that is was a small operation and we wouldn't have to share our time with a bunch of other people.

From the moment we booked our reservation we received world class customer service. Gennifer is an absolute sweetheart; she answered all of my husbands questions (probably the same questions she answers 100 times a day) with a smile in her voice. We were having a hard time finding accommodations for our dates...Gennifer even went out of her way to help with that!! We received our booking confirmation and detailed directions within hours of my husband making the reservation. This operation is top notch and the service we received only got better on the day of the charter. We met our Captain Allen at the marina store as directed by our booking confirmation. We inquired in the store while we were buying drinks if Allen was a good captain and were told he is the BEST, and now I would have to agree. Not only did he take us to do everything we wanted to do, but he enjoyed himself while he did it AND was VERY attentive to us as well. It can't be easy to deal with 3 kids fishing who have never fished salt water before, but you would have thought he had been doing it ALL his life. Not bad considering Capt. Allen comes from a land locked state. Two hours into our six hour charter the kids...ages 17, 14, and 11 were telling me and my husband that Capt. Allen deserved a "PHAT" tip! It was just an incredible, incredible day and we owe it all to the staff and crew and Captains of Dream Catchers Charters. With their help we were able to give our kids memories that will last a lifetime.

Don’t forget to check out our photos, including the one of my husband and Capt. Allen proudly displaying a 20 lb Jack Crevalle, caught on a 10 lb test line after a 45 minute fight. Capt. Allen was just as excited my husband hooked and landed it as my husband was! And after all that excitement Capt. Allen was still able to high tail it back to Mallory Square to catch a SPECTACULAR sunset. Not only will we use their services again, but we will recommend them to anyone who mentions visiting the Keys.

3 Thank blueid_bbw