“Excellent trip...”

Dream Catcher Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: The Pioneers of organized private fishing, boating, sight seeing and eco charters since 1993. What We offer: Backcountry fishing on board our Yellowfin Bay Boats that can carry 4 persons easily some with bathrooms and shade -- Flats Fishing on board our state of the art flats boats with veteran professional flats fishing guides -- Tarpon Fishing specialists in the harbor, out in the backcountry or on the flats -- Deep Sea Fishing charters for groups of 6 or less -- Wreck and reef fishing out to the Dry Tortugas -- Fun Snorkeling AND Fishing combo charters -- Sight seeing, eco tours, island hopping and more of What You Want To Do -- We are also Fly Fishing instructors and fly fishing guides. Dream Catcher Charters has set the standard for the Key West fleet with incredible customer service, impeccable clean new boats and talented guides that is seldom seen anywhere. Dream Catcher Charters is directed by veteran Key West Fishing guide Capt. Steven Lamp who has a philosophy that Only The Best Will Do.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hobart, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent trip...”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Dream Catcher Charters is highly recommended. I called to make my reservation and let Gennifer know that we wanted something different. We scheduled a reef/wreck trip to the Marquesas. We arrived on the morning of our trip and were instantly greeted by our captain. Capt John was ready to go and seemed almost as excited as we were to get started. The passion John has for fishing and guiding was evident from the start. We made the run to the islands. We hooked up almost instantly. We caught several species over some coral humps. Red Grouper, Mangrove Snapper, Lane Snapper, Yellowtail Snapper, Blue Runner, Yellow Jack....and probably a few more I am forgetting. We ended up hooking into several nice Baracuda and a 23 pound Permit that fought like a locomotive. My 15 year old step daughter managed to catch a very nice Lemon Shark. We spent all day on the water and our guide was actually able to keep me on fish and keep the attention of a 15 year old girl for 8 hours...this is a feat that is almost impossible! I highly recommend Dream Catchers and Captian Johnny Good Times!!
Thanks!

2 Thank Brian H
Capt_Steven, Owner at Dream Catcher Charters, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Wow,
Sounds like a great day on the water with Capt. John "Merlin". Our All In Wonder trip to the Marquesas Keys is an amazing day of fishing and exploration Capt. John combines all the ingredients and makes our signature All In Wonder day exceptional from the time he leaves the dock through the last released fish.
Congrats on your permit -- thats a Nice One.

Shawnee, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience with Dream Catchers!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Dream Catchers is a top notch guiding company. The boats were as clean and well maintained as I've ever been on. Capt. Tommy Z. was a blast to fish with. Looking forward to the next time I'm in Key West because I'll be heading out to fish with Dream Catchers and Tommy Z!

1 Thank BeckyandJohnny
Over and over again great reviews here on Trip Advisor mentioning our great boats and Professional fishing guides.
As a group we work very hard to show folks the best value in a day on the water here out of Key West.
Thanks for the great review.
Suzhou, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely Fantastic”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Treated my son to a trip to Key West for his college graduation. First time for us to visit there and first time to experience a salt water fishing trip. Was absolutely blown away as to the professionalism of the team, the perfect condition of their equipment, and their overall business operation. This fishing trip became the highlight of our week. Came back with a lot of fish and some of my most memorable pics with my son...priceless. Whether you are a beginner or experienced fisherman, you can't go wrong here. Hugh is a great guy as well. I highly recommend DreamCatchers to anybody and would consider them the benchmark for this business. Looking forward to coming back to Key West now and doing it again. Thanks for the experience Dreamcatchers.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Billy M
We are constantly setting the bar for fishing charters everywhere. Capt. Hugh is just part of our amazing team that makes sure our Gear, Boats, professionalism and attitudes are the best this business has ever seen.
Thanks for the great review..
Cross Lanes
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dream Catcher Charters is a top notch guide service.”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We started bright and early with Capt Steven. He had all the gear and a game plan ready when we arrived at the dock. He was very knowledgeable, had well maintained, top notch fishing equipment and a brand new boat that got where the tarpon were in no time. On the third cast we boated a 90+ pound tarpon. We learned a lot and had a great time. We are looking forward to getting into some more fish with this outfit soon!!

1 Thank Morgan643
We sure got in the fish fast that morning. That was fun! I am glad you guys had a great time and I really enjoyed listening to your dads stories.
Come see us again..
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding Marquesas Trip!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

For your fishing enthusiasts: 100+ lb tarpon hook up on the first cast of the day. Enough said! Add to that a 30 lb permit, many large barracuda, about a dozen yellow tail snapper, plus grouper and a multitude of other fish. We ran out of time long before we ran out of fish. What more could you want from a fishing trip?

For everyone else (whether you like to fish or not): My wife and I took the Marquesas trip. My wife is not an avid fisherwoman (but, let's just say she is hooked now). Capt Steve was awesome! He brought snorkel gear for us to take a break from the hot sun. When he heard that my wife is a novice photographer, he took us out early for some incredible moonset and sunrise photos with Key West and some sailboats in the foreground. Absolutely amazing! Capt Steve is a photgraphy pro -- he even took the time out to teach my wife some new photography techniques to ensure she got the best photos possible.

Capt Steve catered our trip both to my wife's desires (to take pictures and see some uninhabited islands) as well as my desire to catch some fish. He took us out for some great shots of osprey and other birds and plus various deserted beach and island photos around the Marquesas. All the while, ensuring that we were actively engaged in racking up an impressive tally of fish caught (see above for the list).

The only negative comment I can make is that we were having so much fun that 8 hours passed before we even realized it. The day was simply perfect! This was definitely the best day of our Florida Keys week. We left knowing we will be back and excited to have some great fish stories and a camera full of photos to remember an awesome day. We will definitely be back. Thanks Capt Steve!

2 Thank BJ C
That was a really fun day. I always enjoy meeting folks with the same passion for photography, boating, fishing and the outdoors as I do.
The trip you were on so our readers know what to look for was a signature trip I started doing back in 1999 called the All IN Wonder. Where we do as many different types of fishing possible and cater to everyones needs in the boat to show a great day. It usually includes the Marquesas Keys. We have caught up to 25 species of fish all over 18" long on that trip. The surprises are endless and the day goes by really fast.
Check out our web site and read all about it..
Capt. Steven