“Old Key West at its Best!”

Rodriguez Cigar Factory
Ranked #11 of 117 Shopping in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the Oldest Cigar Company in Key West, a family owned business that began in Cuba in 1947. Rodriguez Cigars are exclusively constructed with vintage leaves from Nicaragua, Honduras, and Ecuador. Our products have been awarded with 90+ ratings in numerous Cigar publications Worldwide. We invite you to watch our master artisans handcraft cigars, as you will experience a true Cuban tradition.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Feel like you're in Cuba while learning and enjoying a smoke! Rodriguez Cigar Factory is a must stop for cigar enthusiasts who would appreciate a truly authentic cigar experience--it was a highlight for us, especially for my husband, who loves a good cigar. Danny, the knowlegeable owner, was amazingly warm and passionate about the business founded by his grandfather in 1984. He took cigar shopping to a whole new level by providing a hands on experience in rolling. With Cuban music playing in the background, he explained how the leaves are aged and patiently taught my husband how to create his own cigar masterpiece. He loved it! Together they smoked and enjoyed conversation about their shared passion.

As far as taste and quality, the cigars are top quality, very smooth, effortless daw, with hints of nuts and coffee. So enjoyable, we plan to have regular shipments sent home. The factory is a bit out of the way, off of Duval St. near the Kino Sandal Factory, but it's worth finding. Definitely a memorable experience and we'll absolutely return for a chat and a smoke next year when we're back in town!

2  Thank BradandGina
"novice"
in 2 reviews
"kw"

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We have been going to Rodriquez Cigar Factory for the 20 years we have been coming to Key West. We spent time with the original founder and were sad to learn he passed away last year. His grandson Danny invited us to learn and roll cigars. We spent 2 hours with him and it flew by, He is so knowledgeable and wanted to tell us what his grandfather taught him and his love for doing a superior cigar for his customers. its a tradition that has been passed down and the work ethics, personal attention given to customers and quality can't be duplicated at the big stores. This is a MUST for a cigar smoker..don't miss it!!

1  Thank janie g
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I went in to see Danny and our experience was amazing. My husband was able to try a cigar and sit and talk with Danny and learn about cigars .. He also made us some Cuban coffee which was amazing! He showed us how to roll cigars and everything, my husband even got to roll a cigar himself! Danny was so friendly and a great host! We cannot wait to visit him again when we come back to key west!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My father took me to Key West for my 21st birthday. We went sport fishing and had an unforgettable time. Even when I did not think the trip could get better, it did. We ended up wandering around Duval St., just looking for things to do. My mother found a small alley where she wanted to look at jewelry. This led my father and I into Danny's shop. My father saw the sign and the second he opened the door, he looked at me and told me that this is what great cigars should smell like. Within seconds I was in Danny's humidor listening to him explain every detail about every single one of his cigars. What separates him from everyone else, is that he does not try to sell his cigars. He simply informs you about them. For my father and I, we were lucky enough to have him invite us to have one of his cigars with him, solely to give him feedback on what we enjoyed about it. He was purely interested in what my father and I enjoyed about his cigars. This man will do anything and everything to satisfy the individuals who enter his shop. (He provided my father and I with glasses of scotch) I would recommend this mans cigar shop to anyone and everyone. He produces the best cigar that i have smoked in my life. Overall this is the best cigar shop in Key Wet, managed by the most passionate and well informed individual in the Keys.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The one of the highlights of our trip to Key West this past June was discovering Rodriguez Cigars. Danny DiFabio, of true Rodriguez pedigree, more than impressed us with the knowledge of his product and of the pride his family places in making the highest quality of cigars you will find. You will find Danny there on any given day, amongst the sound of Cuban music in the background, expertly crafting his superior cigars for all to observe and enjoy in the experience. The Series 84 Maduro is unprecedented in its quality, flavor and is reasonably priced for its 91 point rating, although I personally would rate it worthy of at least a 95. Thank you again Danny for the great visit and hospitality!!