“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Key West
indianapolis
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We went to the keys for a wedding and had the opportunity to stay at this lovely hotel. We stayed in a presidential I bedroom suite and it was huge. Not only did we have a full size kitchen but it had a stackable washer and dryer. The unit was extremely clean and we felt right at home.
This is a wonderful place to stay if you go to key west.

• Stayed April 2014
Alan B, Director of Sales at Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your nice comments and for your business, we are glad you enjoyed your time with us as that is what we strive to have happen.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
saratoga springs, ny
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights at the end of March. The pool area was outstanding with wonderful staff (too bad there isn't a real beach). The food at the poolside bar area was really good and fairly reasonable but the restaurant prices were quite expensive. Our room was a bit small and the bathroom really needed some counter space instead of a pedastal sink. Other than that, it was great. The bus service to downtown was always on time and the drivers were always pleasant. We would definitely return there but would request a larger room.

Room Tip: For the extra money, get a suite instead of a single room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your business and as you found out Key West is not a beach town as ours and the others are man made, the coral reef off our coast blocks any large waves from crashing on shore and this is a coral island so the sand is imported. I hope you enjoyed your vacation.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here with my finace at the beginning of April for 4 nights. The prices for hotels on the island during that weekend were very high, and we were happy to get this Marriott for less than $300 per night. The property was nice, although as others have mentioned, there is no real beach. The pool and the service at the pool was great. We also took advantage of the shuttle to Duval Street, which was always on time and we found very convenient. The only downside to this property for us was that there is no balcony or outdoor area in the standard hotel rooms. The room was nicely furnished and great overall, but did feel a little bit cramped. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Key West as long as you are OK with being a bit further from the action and having to take a shuttle or drive. It would definitely be a great place to stay for families taking advantage of the larger rooms.

Room Tip: Unless you plan on spending very little time in your room, get a suite. The hotel rooms are small an...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KMRN
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and yes our standard king rooms are a basic hotel room while the suites are so large some people want to live in them and you could. Thank you for your business.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is a lovely and clean hotel which we thoroughly enjoyed. The best service we received by far from Dimitry in the morning breakfast service. He greeted us each morning with a smile and excellent service. We asked to only be seated in his station. He made us feel like we were home while on vacation!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Alan B, Director of Sales at Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
We like for our guests to feel like this is your home away from home so thank you for let us know you did and I will let him know. Thank you for taking time to post your comments.
New York
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

OMG, this has got to be the worst Marriott I ever step foot in.
First off, I was not happy with the service. I arrived at 10:00 and asked the clown at the front desk when I would be able to check in, he said I will call you when it's ready. I had to drive downtown and spend the day on Duval St. Ok no problem. When 3:00 came and went and no phone call, I decided to call. They said oh your room has been ready. Of course they had no answer as to why we weren't called. We finally arrive and check in. You have to drive through parking garages to find your building. We find it, proceed to our room and its outside just like a Motel 6. We walk in and couldn't believe how tiny the room was. The bed is facing the door which I've never seen before and if you turn around, you will bang into the walls. If you're an average Joe and never stayed in a Marriott before, you will probably like it but if you're a
Marriott Rewards member and stay in Marriotts all the time like I do, you will be extremely disappointed. Then we go down to the pool area because we spent all day in the hot sun on Duvall Street and couldn't wait to take a nice refreshing dip in the pool. Couldn't do that, not one available chair. We're talking about the beginning of May, not even the busy vacation time like June, July or August and not one chair!!!!! There were a few broken, run down chairs near their man made beach with no umbrellas. So I had to drag, by myself, 2 beach chairs near a tree to get some cover. I've never seen a worse Marriott in my life and I've been staying in them for 25 years. Ladies and Gentlemen, do yourself a favor and stay in a motel closer to Duvall Street. Trust me you will be better off. Also, this location is the furthest away from the main
strip. I will never, ever stay here again and never recommend it to anyone. Thank God it was for only one night. They have the nerve to call this a category
9 hotel. It's a total tip off.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank LisaNewYork
Thank you for your comments; as I have mentioned several times on this site our standard king room is a basic hotel room with no view but we have more suites than standard room and the suites are almost four times the size at 1000 sq ft and have balconies. Just so everyone knows high season in Key West runs from Christmas till Memorial day and every hotel sells out during that time frame.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I recently had my wedding here. We stayed from Wednesday to Monday. There were about 72 total guests with us and everyone made a point to compliment us on our choice of locations. Not only was the hotel beautiful but the staff were very friendly and helpful (during our stay and the year of planning prior to arrival) My wife and I couldn't be happier with the way everything went. We are so happy we chose this hotel. It was a weekend that our friends and family have even talking about since we came home and I think will be for a long time.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MikeM1234
I pleased your wedding party and event was a success as that is always a special day and we strive to make it memorable. thank you for taking the time to post your comments and for your business.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had a great time! Wonderful accommodations. Very relaxing days by the pool. Staff was wonderful, especially Jon at the front desk. The best shuttle driver was Manny. He was so informative and helpful.

Room Tip: The presidential 3 bedroom suites worked great for our group.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for pick us for your celebration and glad you had such a nice time, come back again soon.