“Chocolate Soft Serve? Yes Please!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Chocolate Soft Serve? Yes Please!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

The heck with all the fancy touristy ice cream parlors in Key West, I'll take this good ole fashioned Dairy Queen any day! Soft serve is offered in both vanilla and chocolate, and the chocolate is amazing! Makes any treat better in my opinion! There is always a line when we go, but service is fast & friendly. The employees are very accommodating in making a custom order for you, as well as preparing standard menu items. This Dairy Queen seems so much better than the ones in Georgia!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank wrcjr98

Key West, Florida
“love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

My niece during her visit with us always makes us stop here. She loves the ice cream here. I love the fact that you all are starting to serve a lot of new items.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank lulabelle13
Key West
“You don't see old school DQs like this anymore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

I remember going to a DQ like with with my mother when I was a kid. Had a great experience. Young lady who served us was really nice, even though it was a couple minutes till closing time...
Blizzards are the best!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JWF167
key west, FL
“Nasty staff member makes kids cry”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

Went to Dairy Queen in Key West a while ago and it was a horrible experience. While waiting in line as the girl serving was quite rude to the lady in front of us asking for a paper instead of a plastic cup she then turned her frustrations on my 6 year old child and shouted at him to get his hands off the glass. I live here and know this is an old and fragile building and there are signs but he wasn't kicking it, he rubbed his hands on the glass! I was reading the menu with my other child and had I seen him first I would have stopped him but did she have to be so nasty and make him cry. I called her over and pointed out that it really wasn't necessary to make kids cry as they wait for ice cream, said it was my mistake as he can't read and if she felt the need to shout at someone she should pick on the parent and not the kid so she did! She started on me about bad parenting and I should have been paying attention and on and on and on.....until my son, who was in my arms crying was now begging me to leave that he really didn't want an ice cream treat any more. Obviously at this point we left and I now had 2 upset kids that didn't even want to go anywhere else but home they were so upset. What a horrific experience, I hope someday she makes a mistake and pays dearly for it! Will never go back there.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank keywestirish
Delaware
“A Treat in Itself”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

This place is off the beaten path, so not to many tourists get around to trying it, but they are the one's losing out! Ice cream treats are really good and priced like back home. Nice experience.