“Always a good time fishing”

Tortuga IV Party Boat
Asheville, North Carolina
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Always a good time fishing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Been on this party boat several times with my son. We always catch fish. The crew is also great. Dont miss the Tarpon feeding at the end of the trip.

Visited August 2012

Clearwater, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“There is not an actual "reservation" system for the party fishing boat”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I booked online for our family of 7 to go on the morning fishing trip. It was odd that the reservation system did not ask for payment information and when I did not receive a confirmation by email I called to confirm. When I called the person said to give them a call when we get to Key West to confirm which I did. On the morning of the fishing trip we arrived at 8:30 to park the car, reached the ticket booth at about 8:35 and waited in line. When I got to the counter the lady said they were sold out. I mentioned I had reserved a spot for 7. She said that we needed to be check in by 8:30. There was no instruction either online or in both of the times I called that asked us to check in by 8:30.

This is just to share our experience so that you will know to check in 30 minutes beforehand and not be disappointed as we were. The day turned out well after all, we visited Ernest Hemingway Museum, Fort Zachary for swimming and snorkeling, had lunch at Garbos and watched the sunset and street performers at Mallory Square.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank FVL33764
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Did the PM fishing tour and had a great time! We had a great boat ride out to the fishing spots and caught 3 keepers. Its BYOB so feel free to bring whatever you like. The staff was helpful, knowledgeable and they fill fillet your catch for you to take to one of the local restaurants at the marina. We will do this tour again next time we visit key west. Fun, Fun!

2 Thank heatherw85
Tampa, Florida
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience, great results”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

I would recommend this party fishing boat to anyone. The Captain was knowledgeable as his staff was great!For the price, it was a highlight of my stay

1 Thank James B
Princeton, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

I took the morning fishing tour on the Tortuga. Tortuga is a big size air conditioned catamaran . The captain was very knowledgeable and took us to three different areas to fish.

All of us caught fish, I bagged 4 fish, although I caught more than ten, We had to free the yellow tail fish which were less than a foot. Others caught groupers, shark, yellow tail, and other fish whose name I do not remember.

The ship mate Ed was a great guy, he was a helper, a cheerleader, teacher and a fish cutter. He truly enjoys what he does.

Tackle and bait is provided free, drinks including beer, colas and gatorade and Doritos are reasonably prized.

The local restaurant bar Dantes grilled my catch and provided sauce, ketchup,salad and french fries for a nominal price. I had a blast, I will be coming tomorrow.
MK