“Fun day of fishing”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fun day of fishing”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This fishing boat came highly recommended and rightfully so. We had a terrific time fishing with this group of guys. Super friendly and helpful group. We even caught some fish.....enough to have a nice lunch for the family. Others caught enough for many dinners. The guides are all around the boat helping you fish and if no one is catching anything, they move to another spot to fish. Well worth the price paid for the trip. I would be back again for this trip.

1 Thank JodyLorri

Peachtree City, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great morning of fishing”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We visited Key West with our kids - ages 12 and 15. Our son's only request was that we go fishing. I was really not looking forward to four hours on a fishing boat but it turns out this was one of our favorite activities! The crew was fantastic and exceptionally friendly. They only had ten people that morning, so we probably got a lot more attention than we would have with a full boat - but we caught a TON of fish! One of the crew taught my son how to use a different rod, so that was fun for him. It was an incredibly hot morning, but when they saw that my daughter was getting overheated, they found a shady spot for her and told her where to sit to get a little bit of A/C. They very quickly cleaned our fish when we returned and gave us great advise on where to get it cooked. It was a great trip! I would recommend booking the morning trip if possible. Key West gets going late, so I think in general, you're less likely to have a full boat and more likely to have sober fishing companions if you can go out early. Regardless, we highly recommend this boat and crew for anyone looking for a fun day of fishing!

Indiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice family deep sea fishing excursion”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were on family vacation in Key West with a group of 7, including 2 teens, 2 Tweens, and a senior. We were not too excited about the possibility of paying $600-800 for a private fishing charter and asked our hotel concierge for other alternatives. She quickly recommended the Tortuga IV as the best budget friendly option for us to experience deep sea fishing. Everyone had a great time, and we all caught fish at the first stop. I caught 10 fish myself, including yellow tail snapper, red snapper, grouper, and grunts. Although we had to throw some back due to size, it was a great family fun experience. The captain and crew were very friendly and made sure everyone had a good time. Fishing poles and bait were provided. Cold drinks were also available for purchase, and there was a small restroom on the boat. At the end of our 4hr morning tour, the crew scaled and filleted the fish for us and recommended places where we could have the fish prepared for lunch. We all felt a sense of accomplishment, were able to laugh and talk about the fun we shared, and importantly, we enjoyed the fruits of our efforts. We would definitely do this fishing tour again. If you book direct, I think they may even provide a discount.

Poynton, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fishing Trip Not Party boat!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went fishing with the crew of Tortuga IV and had a great afternoon. Caught 4 yellow fintails & 1 red snapper.
Nearly everyone on board caught a fish, which you could take to a local restaurant to cook/eat!

Well organised and well Captained, with the crew joining in with the fun!

Visited June 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great morning of fishing”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

From the time we anchored to the time we left it was hit after hit. I could not get my hook to the bottom before getting my bait taken or "fish on". Mostly Yellowtail but lots of keepers. I have been on this boat about 5 times and this was by far the best day. Great captain and crew also.