“My saving grace!”

Price range: US$0 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Café and grille where the locals eat , large variety of homemade soups salads seafood steaks, fish tacos award-winning key lime pie ! Delivery available after five
Reviewed 30 April 2014

After having the worst start to my trip by having my flight canceled and the airport lost my luggage, blowing a tire out on the freeway on the way down from Miami I figured that set the tone for my first trip down to the keys with my fiancé. We stopped at this wonderful little cafe and were just absolutely blown away by the service and great eats here at the city hall cafe. The girls were so nice an accommodating they made me feel like I've been comming here for years. The lovely girl Brieanna was more helpful at suggesting great food and bringing us great service. And went above and beyond for us with not only great service but suggestions on activities for us and great places to stay. From that point in our vacation really turned around an we had a fabulous time. The key lime pie and the pasta salad itself was worth the trip alone at city hall cafe!! Were definatley comming back next year with this as our first stop!!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We tried City Hall Cafe a year ago and had a much better experience. This time we sat down in the outdoor dining area and waited for someone to come to take our order; after quite a wait my husband went inside to check and see what the deal was. It took 3 trips before he came back with menus and then went back to order. (Last year there was a waitress serving the outside area.) When we finally got our food baskets (ugh, not a fan of baskets -- can they really be sanitary?) the pastrami Rubens were the greasiest meal I've eaten in years. (Note: they do offer a turkey ruben -- that would be a better choice if you care about your arteries.) Between the greasy sandwich, the confusion in ordering, the baskets and the hideous styrofoam cups, lunch was a complete disappointment.

Note: The owner of this restaurant should really have a sign posted in the outdoor area, saying that you order inside. Locals would know the routine, but many, many tourists do not.

1  Thank BerkshireGal
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I just love this little locals spot! Always a great time and the food is great. I like that the Bud light is ice cold! I love the fresh mad soups and fish tacos and they have the best burgers in town.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We picked up a Key LIme Pie here for a sunset boating adventure and it was AWESOME! If memory serves me correctly, a whole pie is between $16 and $20.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Simply awesome Pot Roast, friendly staff and good serves!
We will be back some day, greatings from the Netherlands!