“Fun place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hog Heaven Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #18 of 91 Restaurants in Islamorada
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Barbecue, American, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Child-friendly, Groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Local Sports Bar / Restaurant / Late Night Destination with some of the freshest seafood and best in house smoked BBQ in the Keys. Happy hour weekdays from 4:00pm -7:00pm. 20 HD tv's for sporting events and news. The world famous HOG Heaven is an iconic island roadhouse and an authentic slice of keys life. Often used as a waypoint for visitors making the ride to and from Key West. It's unique location on Islamorada offers travelers the perfect spot to stretch their legs, have a bite to eat, feed our pet fish, and enjoy some of the finest water views Islamorada has to offer. Longstanding area tradition as THE late night place to go for Night Life, late night menu, live bands and weekend entertainment with a DJ until 3:30am.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stopped by while in islamorada. Fun, busy restaurant with great views. Our server was great too. I don't remember his name, but he mentioned he was Cuban when we asked him about restaurants in Miami. He did great even though it was busy. We only had a few appetizers, so we don't know much about the food beyond that.

Visited May 2014

“A pleasant surprise....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

It has been some time since I have been to what is known as "The Hog" by Keys residence. My buddy and I were out on the boat and decided to stop in for some food and a few beers and were pleasantly surprised by the change in both atmosphere and service. The place was considerably improved in both aspects. I noticed the menu was expanded far beyond what it was last time I was there as well as the quality of the food was surprisingly good. The staff was very pleasant and attentive and we were welcomed with a smile and when asked if we had ever been there we were given a "Welcome Back" when we mentioned not coming in some time. At any rate, a true positive improvement from the last time I was there and I will definitely be back if this is the turn around the establishment has made. Thanks Hog Heaven, you changed this guys outlook.

• Visited June 2014
“A Welcome Change”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

It has been several years since I have been to "the Hog" as it is known here. It had previously quite a reputation for being less than a desirable establishment. To my surprise a friend of mine and I decided to go by as were were close and both starving. I was pleasantly surprised as the place had clearly cleaned up its act. The service was great and the food was great. Also, the menu had expanded beyond what I remember previously. The staff was very pleasant and attentive and the atmosphere most importantly seem professional and far more appealing. So if you have not been to "the Hog" in while, try it again. I think you will be pleasantly surprised as I was.

Thank hoovershark .
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great good and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Went twice in one week. Food very good ~ ate outside at sunset. Beautiful view and good music on Sat night!!! Loved feeding all the fish!!!!

• Visited May 2014
“NO Management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

One waiter for 100 plus people..pathetic...10 years coming here its the worst it ever been....guess all good things come to a end.

• Visited June 2014