“good steaks and good service”
Review of Ziggie & Mad Dog's

Ziggie & Mad Dog's
Ranked #12 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Our server was very cute and attentive. The food was good from the alligator appetizer through desert. The steaks are very good, especially if you like rib eyes. That's what they are famous for. My wife regretted ordering seafood in a steak place.

1  Thank Kyttrt

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Ziggy and Mad Dogs is a "must do" restaurant whenever we are around Islamorada. The food is consistently good. On our most recent visit our table shared a wedge salad and a poached pear and pecan salad. We moved on to entrees with the seared sea scallops, grilled duck breast, and the lobster mac and cheese. Everything was outstanding. I highly recommend Ziggy and Mad Dogs to anyone traveling in this area.

1  Thank Don D
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Although the food was a decent departure from the typical local fare, the overall was a disappointment. Many tables were empty but we were told we could sit at a high top in the bar or wait 30 minutes. Our waitress seemed uneducated about the menu and how dishes were prepared. Food was decent but not worth the price even at south Florida standards.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My partner and I we're recommended to try Ziggy's due to it's reputation for the best steaks in Islamorada and it certainly lived up to the expectation.

The food was absolutely delicious and the staff very friendly and happy to advise on wines and menu.

As we are late eaters they even let us settle our bill and relax and enjoy the rest of our wine on the patio. As they locked up we were lucky enough to meet the Chef Ben who we enjoyed a nice chat with and he even topped up our wine glasses before he left :-) now that's service !

Thank you for a lovely and memorable dining experience - we had a wonderful night and would love to come back.

Andrew and Shar xx

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This place is a little different from your usual Keys spot. The vibe is relaxed, but the food is special. The Florida Keys have some of the best seafood I have ever had, even in the worst restaurant. However, Ziggy's menu is very different from the usual. The food is fresh and the interpretations of the meals are as well. I had the absolutely best lobster mac & cheese I have ever had and the presentation was so beautiful! My boyfriend ordered a deliciously well-cooked steak, and my aunt was able to order something yummy despite her gluten intolerance. Do not hesitate to stop in and send my regards to the chef!