“Good food”
Review of Ziggie & Mad Dog's

Ziggie & Mad Dog's
Ranked #13 of 95 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

The food was spectacular. The service was also good!! You can most definitely split the meals since it is all ordered separately. The portions are ginormous! Will return when back in town. Only complaint I had was the bathrooms were very dusty. With what we are paying for food and service I felt like there should have been a more "fancy" environment.

1  Thank Travelingfools0923

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had no issue with the service at all. We had no issue with the food either. Everyone in our party of 6 ordered something different and all of us were pleased with both the quality and quantity of the food. I think the problem may be white table cloth settings and prices mixing with a flip flop and shorts customer base. Its the Keys for goodness sake. We ate at serveral places on the Island and really all were very good. I can't say this place was better, it was just "nicer" with a more upscale feel and certainly upscale prices. I had the chef special Hogfish (broiled with three large shrimp and pepercorn butter sauce) and with no sides or salad, just the entree, it was $38. If you are more interested in "nice" and willing to pay for it, this place is a great choice.

2  Thank James F
Reviewed 30 April 2014

After many seafood meals in Islamorada, we couldn't wait for some red meat. Ziggy and Maddog's certainly served it up right. Our waiter was very informatve about portion sizes, so we were warned. The filet was huge, the chicken breast was huge. Everything was very good. We could have made a meal of the smaked fish dip, yumm. We were very pleased with our meals and the service.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Excellent steaks looked to perfection, though beware they are massive. Even the smallest was more than I could manage. The sides are equally large, made for sharing.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The name of the restaurant had us thrown off a little. Ziggy's, we were thinking Ziggy Marley. Very far from the truth. We were staying in Tavernier for 2 days with friends from NY. We all consider ourselves food-snobs. Two of us were in the restaurant business for years in NY and we know good food and good service, and this restaurant had both. We had heard many good things about this restaurant from many different people, they were all right. We wanted someplace nice to go to for my Girlfriends birthday and take our friends out for a nice dinner. The hostess that greeted us was cute, friendly and professional. Once seated, our cute, friendly, professional and very knowledgeable server came over. I wish I remembered both there names, but I am horrible with names. We ordered wine and drinks, all came quickly even though restaurant was packed. Appetizers we had the escargot in phyllo, alligator bites and mixed baby greens salad. Also ordered the Lobster & Truffle Mac-n-Cheese for my friends 6 year old daughter. All the Appetizers were good except the Mac-n-cheese. We were expecting Lobster in the mac-n-cheese and there wasn't any. Our server explained that the lobster was pureed into the sauce(disappointing). The salad could have used more dressing. Now, for dinner. Girlfriend had the Scallops, they were amazing, my friend had the pasta with shellfish, amazing, I had the pasta with shrimp, amazing, we ended up ordering a cheeseburger for our 6 year old guest and that was also amazing and the other person had the tuna appetizer for her entree. The complete overall experience left me shocked. Moved down to Florida 16 years ago and except for 1 or 2 restaurants that have now closed, this had to be the best restaurant I have eaten at in a long time, and the bigger surprise is that it is down in the Keys, not Miami or Fort Lauderdale. I Highly Recommend this restaurant if you are down in Islamorada, but make sure you make reservations, it gets crowded.