Wow. The one word that kept coming to me as I walked the grounds at The Moorings was "stunning". I would add breathtaking. I kept having to remind myself that I was in Florida. The beach was more beautiful than anything I have seen in the islands or anywhere else in the States and I love beaches. We stayed in the Lodges-South and were very surprised at how nice it was. I think it has been updated from the pictures on their website as the paneling has all been painted white and the rooms are very bright. I didn't realize it was two rooms, one with the full kitchen and sofa area and then a large separate bedroom. The bathroom was very nicely done with lovely tile. The landscaping on the property is beyond description, I have attached pictures that still don't do it justice. We saw very few other people while there. It is a very private, secluded, peaceful experience. We did take out the kayaks one day. The restaurant (across the street) is a separate review, but it was our favorite. Believe everything good you read about The Moorings, it is all true.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a coconut plantation, The Moorings Village offers one, two and three bedroom villas, cottages and plantation houses with wraparound verandas, colorful Bahamian-style shutters and cypress interiors, each uniquely decorated. Hidden in delightful seclusion under coconut palms are the resort’s magnificent natural white sand beach, heated pool, tennis court and Island Body and Sol Spa, which offers beachfront massage treatments. The Moorings Village offers guests absolute privacy and tranquility with all the comforts of home, including well-equipped kitchens and laundry in most houses, individual dining rooms and living room areas, air conditioning and ceiling fans. Luxury amenities include large screen televisions, elegant hand-painted tiles, oversized soaking tubs and shower stalls, as well as plantation-style porches overlooking the ocean or views of the lushly landscaped grounds. Guests may enjoy dining at the resort's two Zagat-rated restaurants, Pierre's Restaurant and Morada Bay Beach Cafe, located just across the road. The restaurants share a private beach and are the site of the monthly Full Moon Party. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Moorings Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Moorings Village Hotel Islamorada
- Moorings Islamorada
- The Moorings Village Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys