Let me start with the positives:
The setting is beautiful and peaceful, which I know is the hallmark of this "resort".
Our cabin/cottage was well appointed with high end finishes but very basic and not what I consider luxurious. And I recognize that the Moorings has many many regular guests who love the place, and it would be perfect place for a family holiday with younger children.
However, having said all of that I think it is important to understand what this place is and what one does NOT get for one's $1,100 plus dollars per night.
This resort is what the English would call a self catered holiday rental.
There is NO BELL HOP. One has to lug ones bags into one's own cottage. Forget butler or unpacking services which one occasionally gets at this price.
There is NO TURNDOWN Service.
There is NO MAID SERVICE. One has to make one's own bed and clean up one's own kitchen.
There is NO RESTAURANT. One has to get in your car and drive across the highway.
There is NO ROOM SERVICE. If you want coffee and breakfast in bed you better have bought groceries the night before and make it yourself.
In comparison we stayed at Little Palm Island the night before which for the same price provides incredible world class luxurious amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a coconut plantation, The Moorings Village offers one, two and three bedroom villas, cottages and plantation houses with wraparound verandas, colorful Bahamian-style shutters and cypress interiors, each uniquely decorated. Hidden in delightful seclusion under coconut palms are the resort’s magnificent natural white sand beach, heated pool, tennis court and Island Body and Sol Spa, which offers beachfront massage treatments. The Moorings Village offers guests absolute privacy and tranquility with all the comforts of home, including well-equipped kitchens and laundry in most houses, individual dining rooms and living room areas, air conditioning and ceiling fans. Luxury amenities include large screen televisions, elegant hand-painted tiles, oversized soaking tubs and shower stalls, as well as plantation-style porches overlooking the ocean or views of the lushly landscaped grounds. Guests may enjoy dining at the resort's two Zagat-rated restaurants, Pierre's Restaurant and Morada Bay Beach Cafe, located just across the road. The restaurants share a private beach and are the site of the monthly Full Moon Party. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Moorings Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Moorings Village Hotel Islamorada
- Moorings Islamorada
- The Moorings Village Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys