A few years ago, we discovered this place by accident while vacationing in the keys. When we needed family accommodations early this summer, this was our first call. This is not a place for the budget conscious. This large, ocean-side property is a collection of fully furnished houses and cottages meant for groups or families. Reserve as far in advance as you can, as it can be fully booked a year in advance.
We found every part of our stay superb--and we are very particular. Our cottage was not on the water (they were booked) but the water was steps away. We had a full kitchen, casual but elegantly furnished living/dining area, lav downstairs and 2 BR upstairs and large bath upstairs. It was just like home, if you have a large staff, that is.
The concierge will make a range of spa services available to you, even including a private massage on the beach. Household services are a la carte (maid service, for example, is extra but a very small extra; borrow a fishing pole for nothing). Pool is quite large (watch for raccoons). Most visitors to Islamorada go for its world-class bone fishing, tarpon fishing and deep sea fishing -- but if you seek a very quiet, very private, beachy-elegant stay off the beaten path, and are fortunate enough not to have to focus on cost, try to book a stay here. You won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a coconut plantation, The Moorings Village offers one, two and three bedroom villas, cottages and plantation houses with wraparound verandas, colorful Bahamian-style shutters and cypress interiors, each uniquely decorated. Hidden in delightful seclusion under coconut palms are the resort’s magnificent natural white sand beach, heated pool, tennis court and Island Body and Sol Spa, which offers beachfront massage treatments. The Moorings Village offers guests absolute privacy and tranquility with all the comforts of home, including well-equipped kitchens and laundry in most houses, individual dining rooms and living room areas, air conditioning and ceiling fans. Luxury amenities include large screen televisions, elegant hand-painted tiles, oversized soaking tubs and shower stalls, as well as plantation-style porches overlooking the ocean or views of the lushly landscaped grounds. Guests may enjoy dining at the resort's two Zagat-rated restaurants, Pierre's Restaurant and Morada Bay Beach Cafe, located just across the road. The restaurants share a private beach and are the site of the monthly Full Moon Party. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Moorings Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Moorings Village Hotel Islamorada
- Moorings Islamorada
- The Moorings Village Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys